Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
thelovehanger
Style_council
thelovehanger

What do you all think of girls/guys wearing fake glasses? Like the kind known as “readers” or “nerd specs”. Back in the day I used to wear fake glasses sometimes, but everyone I know knows I don’t wear real glasses so I feel like it can come off as fake.

What do you think? Is it just an accessory or would you not do it?

posted almost 2 years ago
1 2
Roxx
Style_council
Roxx

I love my fake glasses^^

posted over 1 year ago

lalipops
Style_council
lalipops

I think you can wear them once in a while, if you want to accessorize a certain look. But otherwise, I don’t see thee need to wear them.

posted over 1 year ago

mote_mee
Style_council
mote_mee

Well, I own a pair of fake glasses, but I feel kinda silly when I use them, so they do always end up hanging at my shirt..

posted over 1 year ago

786style
New_user 786style is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 786style reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
786style

Well I totally loooove them. I own 2 pairs, admittedly they weren’t very expensive but the’re fun, quirky though I agree they should definately be worn on the right ocassion..otherwise they are a fashion faux pas!!xx

posted over 1 year ago

tippiford
Style_council
tippiford

Depends on the outfit, I rarely wear my fake glasses and when I do it’s usually just part of my outfit.

posted over 1 year ago

AnErin
Style_council
AnErin

Glasses in and of themselves are just glasses.
I think the right ones with a particular look are nice. Glasses, fake or not, can convey nerdiness, sophistication, emo, professional, etc…
I don’t know what “Fake” glasses look like tho, does that mean they have frames but the lenses do not alter perception?

And also, I just cannot imagine someone who needs real glasses getting upset about someone wearing “fake” ones cause glasses can be and often are a fashion statement. I mean it is not like glasses are some hideous medical attachment like someone who has to carry a colostomy bag. Oh boy I just asked for it :S

posted over 1 year ago

StrangerThanVintage
Style_council
StrangerThan...

I think it depends on your comfort level. If you know that your friends are going to make a big deal out of it and that’s going to bother you, then don’t wear them. But they can be a totally cute accessory, so if you love them, rock them! You can definitely get more comfortable wearing them by putting them on when you’re out running errands or something – somewhere around a lot of people that won’t know the real deal ;).

posted over 1 year ago

christinaaa
Style_council
christinaaa

they are cute in photos, i guess, but in real life, they feel weird wearing

posted over 1 year ago

BeckyBedbug
Style_council
BeckyBedbug

“And also, I just cannot imagine someone who needs real glasses getting upset about someone wearing “fake” ones cause glasses can be and often are a fashion statement”

Of course you can’t. Because, presumably, you’ve never worn glasses or been subjected to bullying because of it.

It baffles me how people who have never worn glasses in their life can say “Oh, it’s not offensive. It’s just a fashion statement”. Unless you actually understand the stigma that is subjected to kids growing up wearing glasses, don’t say it’s not offensive. You have no idea.

posted over 1 year ago

AyePee3
Style_council
AyePee3

I believe that wearing fake glasses as an accessory to match your outfit is fine. But, if you wear it all the time, in my opinion, would be stupid.

posted over 1 year ago
1 2
REPLY TO DISCUSSION