Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
NewLook24
Style_council
NewLook24

I was just wondering whats more important to you guys. Wearing what fits your body right or just wear whatever the hell you want :) ?!

posted over 5 years ago
kelllosaurus
Style_council
kelllosaurus

to me its whatever fits my body right. i have huge issues with that… if an outfit makes me look even .5lbs heavier than i am, i’m never wearing it again.

posted over 5 years ago

furrrampage
Style_council
furrrampage

wear what you feel comfortable in. out of all my friends i dress the most eccentric. no ones going to wear things that make you look like crap so simple answer wear what you want.

posted over 5 years ago

raiscake
Style_council
raiscake

Wear what fits. The wrong fit is very unflattering and can bring an outfit down. Yes, this applies to oversized clothes too. :P

posted over 5 years ago

NicholasC
Style_council
NicholasC

i like to feel comfortable with the clothes i wear so i go with wear what fits. for oversized clothes, yes they may be comfortable but i havent found any that i can really pull it off.

posted over 5 years ago

poorandweird
Style_council
poorandweird

Erm, i don’t see why it has to be a choice.

posted over 5 years ago

splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

I wear what I want. Obviously I won’t buy something that makes me look like absolute crap but if I really like something even though it makes me look short or a little bigger than I am I’m going to buy it anyway cause if I don’t I’ll regret passing up the opportunity of having something I really like.

posted over 5 years ago

BustownModern
Style_council
BustownModern

I myself tend to go for what fits. That being said, there are so many different fits, that you can usually find a way to make most of them work for your body.

You can do so many things to slightly alter the fit of a garment to make it work that possibilities are endless. Try adding a belt, removing the sleeves, shortening, unbuttoning etc until you can make the outfit work for you!

Also, find a GOOD seamstress who is willing to work with you often and for a fair price. We have one who works with our business but she also alters pieces for me – she’s taken in dresses and shirts and changed sleeves! Try putting up an ad on Craigslist. ;-)
posted over 5 years ago

frenchieee
Style_council
frenchieee

both. i can’t have my love handles hanging out of something cute.

posted over 5 years ago

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

I’m not SUPER picky about fit, though I do indeed like clothes that flatter my body for obvious reasons. I’m a little less hard on myself than most people I know in terms of appearance, so I don’t need to buy things that make me feel like a toothpick.

I like comfy, I like simple, I like things that can make me feel a little more confident. All important.

posted over 5 years ago

yourmess
Style_council
yourmess

@frenchieee hahahaha totally agreed

posted over 5 years ago

RazzleDazzleMe
Style_council
RazzleDazzleMe

Oh my frenchieee, I totally feel the same. I love comfort but I do suffer with a couple pair of shoes.

posted over 5 years ago

ladyj88
Style_council
ladyj88

both, flattering pieces and what i want seem to go hand in hand lol. although there are many styles i go after that are not meant for my curvy frame but hey, you never know till you try =]

posted over 5 years ago

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

hmm… i think it’s important to have clothes that fit and compliment your body, clothes that fit well will probably be more flattering… but i also think its important to be able to wear whatever you want and to break the rules. i agree with splashofcolour, for example i wear bright stockings even though they highlight the fact that my calves are not thin, and i wear oversized tshirts/horizontal stripes even though i know that they make me look more top heavy and that other styles might suit me better. it’s all about confidence… :D

posted over 5 years ago

shadowplay_
Style_council
shadowplay_

Um, both. I wear things I like within the limits of what fits my body. If I try on a dress (for example) that I initially liked on the rack, but it looks awful on me, then I don’t really like it as much afterwards anyway. :P

posted over 5 years ago

GoXtina
Style_council
GoXtina

I wear what fits I guess. If I can’t pull off something, I won’t wear it.

posted over 5 years ago

JUKILOVE
Style_council
JUKILOVE

Hopefully what I want also fits. If it doesn’t fit, I probably don’t want it either.

posted over 5 years ago

Levity
Style_council
Levity

There’s a place for oversized and too-small clothing, but it’s hard to pull off unless you’re really really skinny.
Or if there’s a particular look you’re going for- if you’re going to put shoulderpads in a dress make sure it isn’t too fitted.
But most times, probably wear what fits.

posted over 5 years ago

lovebuzz_
Style_council
lovebuzz_

i live in cut up band tees as dresses or just dresses themselves. either way it’s always gotta be oversized for me.

posted over 5 years ago

Style_council

where what you want man!!
im forever buying shitty outtashape clothes
and just altering them on the sewingmachine
piece of piss!

posted over 5 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION