Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
tiny_teesha
Style_council
tiny_teesha

What is the basics everyone should have in their wardrobe?
Not that i have the money to buy them right now, but i look at my wardrobe and repeat the same outfits over and over or spend hours trying to find what to wear. There are a lot of clothes in there, mostly summer ones (its winter here) and i constantly say “I have nothing to wear!”

posted over 5 years ago
maitabaello
Style_council
maitabaello

white tee with a great fit or white comfy tee, perfect black tee, little black dress, jeans that flatter your body style, a great blazer, basic white polo,

posted over 5 years ago

wolf
Style_council
wolf

great slouchy tees, cardigans, all kinds of skirts (from bandage to tutu-like), ankle socks, great jeans, and a nice dress

posted over 5 years ago

Stlife
Style_council
Stlife

scarfswrapsandmoredrapery.

posted over 5 years ago

Sophisticus
Style_council
Sophisticus

Idk…. I would have to say funky socks… and scarves….. and converse!

posted over 5 years ago

dunkelbunt
Style_council
dunkelbunt

some colourful vintage scarves ‘cause they go with everything =D

posted over 5 years ago

Malinapoo
Style_council
Malinapoo

Basic pair of dark/raw denim jeans that are straight leg, white t-shirt, blue chambray button up, or plaid long sleeved button up, black slim trouser pants, a colored peacoat (mine is a forest green by tulle), black skirt (non body con/bandage sort but actual skirt), a long sleeved cardigan, simple black dress, black ballet flats, and black or brown riding boots. Those are my basics, and i pretty much use one to two of those pieces everyday. =)

posted over 5 years ago

New_user 1911 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 1911 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

A couple of eclectic pieces in bright colors, interesting patterns or unique textures. Dressing should be a creative outlet, not an entire wardrobe filled to the brim with black.

posted over 5 years ago

princessMLim
Shop_seller_2 princessMLim is a Chictopia seller who has been hand-picked by our editors to sell merchandise on our website.

Chictopia sellers carry fashion forward products and ensure great customer experience. Click here if you are interested in selling your merchandise on Chictopia.
princessMLim

perfect DARK wash jeans. perfect white tee. ballet flats. tights. SCARVES. over sized cardigan. perfect blazer. perfect black trousers. white crisp button up dress shirt (even if i hate it, it will come in handy someday). black pumps. parka. perfect kind of skirt that suits your body type. classic handbag. LBD. well fitted bra.

posted over 5 years ago

frenchieee
Style_council
frenchieee

“the little black dress”, assorted tees (vnecks, crew cut, the likes), a pair of heels, the perfect jeans

posted over 5 years ago

nati
Style_council
nati

I think that a leather jacket, a grey t, a pair of perfect dark wash jeans, peep toe flats, a minidress, black tights, a pair of heels, some scarves, assorted headbands, chucks, a classic handbag and a statement piece of jewelry are my wardrobe basics.

posted over 5 years ago

jocelynlives
Style_council
jocelynlives

basics are definitely something that are unique to each person. you never know what you might end up loving and therefore wearing again and again. i’d just say that there’s a balance between utter “basic” and trendy. decide whether you’d prefer to “trend” up your accessories (printed scarves, jewelry, the new “in” vest/outerwear) or your basics while keeping a few staple accessories (perhaps one chanel bag or pair of sunglasses).

posted over 5 years ago

pandaman0005
Style_council
pandaman0005

Navy blazer, white shirt, grey suit

posted over 5 years ago

MelissaFFF
Style_council
MelissaFFF

perfect pair of dark denim jeans, black slacks , a white button down shirt , and lots of cardigans and diff . color blazers which u can find @ any thrift store. and last but not least a little black dress :)

posted almost 3 years ago

MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

Good-fitting pair of jeans
Basic tees and tanks in a variety of colors
Cardigans
A simple dress that can be accessorized to dress up or down (a lot of people say LBD, but can be any color honestly)
A jacket that goes with anything (like a trench or leather jacket)

But like jocelynlives pointed out, a lot depends on your style and age. For example, if you’re a working 20/30-something a white button-down and blazer might be staples, but if you’re in high school probably not.

reklawysdnil
Style_council
reklawysdnil

I heard once that Einstein had a closet of the exact same pants and shirts because it was too difficult for him to make that kind of decision. I have no idea if that’s true, but I like the idea.

If you’re in a rut, why not have a friend pick out a couple outfits for you and she might give you a fresh perspective?

Staple items:
Long wool coat
button down shirt, black or white
long fitted t-shirt
long fitted tank top
short sleeved blazer
light jacket
cute umbrella
dark jeans
leggings
a shrug
cardigan in cashmere or angora, I usually thrift those
Floppy sun hat
pencil skirt

The list could go on but this is my first reaction.

Usually when I feel like I have nothing to wear, it’s because I need to do laundry.

lifeisbetterblonde
Style_council
lifeisbetter...

my wodrobe basics are girly dresses,lbd, jeans and simple tees,and bllazers:)

thesimpletheory
Style_council
thesimpletheory

tank tops and t-shirts in neutral colors (but i mostly wear white) and other fun colors, dark wash jeans, little black dress, black blazer, cardigan/sweater, black leggings, pair of black leather heels and nude ones too, white button up, pea coat, leather jacket, trench coat

it’s a matter of playing with what you’ve got. example: tucking in shirts vs letting it hang out gives two very different looks with the same clothes. and accessorize to hide the fact that you’re actually repeating outfits :)

opfiend
Style_council
opfiend

Your ideal jacket. Possibly a trench or a peacoat. Maybe just one of each.
Black pumps.
Lots of tights!!!

REPLY TO DISCUSSION