Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
harloww
Style_council
harloww

I LOVE high heeled shoes. Love love love them. I do find it difficult to walk in the higher inch shoes (4+ inches). I have a couple pairs that I don’t really like wearing because I don’t want to look stupid and be that girl that can’t walk in her shoes. Any tips? Is it one of those practice makes perfect type things?

posted about 4 years ago
raapunzel
Style_council
raapunzel

yeah pretty much practice makes perfect. put them on in your home and walk in them for a couple hours each day so you get used to them.
i have a pair of nearly 6 inch (platform included) heels to get used to this way. i figure if the models on the runway could figure out how to do it, so can i!

posted about 4 years ago

loveonthebackseat
Style_council
loveonthebac...

You should wear them when you’re at home… so you can practice and no one can see you when you trip :D

posted about 4 years ago

maliciousmallory
Style_council
maliciousmal...

It definitely is a practice makes perfect thing. You could also try working on your balance in general, maybe doing yoga or something.
I don’t wear heels that often but when I do I don’t have any problems walking in them, but I think I have better balance in general than a lot of people.

posted about 4 years ago

harloww
Style_council
harloww

yeah, I definitely don’t have good balance in general. I sometimes wear flats and trip on the flat ground just walking. I do enjoy wearing heels so I guess I definitely need some practice.
thanks all!

posted about 4 years ago

trinnah
Style_council
trinnah

It’s definitely practice makes perfect.

Even if you get used to wearing 4-inch heels, not all 4-inch heels feels the same way. For some reason, all the shoes have a different feel to them when you wear them.

So I would definitely say wear them around for a little bit before you take them out for the world to see. It also helps to break it in a little and let your feet mold into the shoe. Sounds cheesy — but it helps me. :)

posted about 4 years ago

JalisaRiley
Style_council
JalisaRiley

yea lik every1 else said jus walk in them for a while at home and you’ll get more comfortable in them

posted about 4 years ago

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

Yepp, as everyone said, practice! I honestly lack any coordination whatsoever and trip over my feet all the time (more so while wearing flat shoes, actually).

And kinda unrelated – but I love drinking while wearing heels. Weird?

posted about 4 years ago

kelllosaurus
Style_council
kelllosaurus

Definitely agreed, practice practice practice!

@catherinee, I only wear heels when I’m going out to bars so I always make the same correlation!

posted about 4 years ago

harloww
Style_council
harloww

I agree with the drinking thing! I like dressing up when I go out so it makes sense.

posted about 4 years ago

jo_branscomb
Style_council
jo_branscomb

When I get heels I always wear them at home even when I’m bout to go to bed. U will get use to it

posted about 4 years ago

raapunzel
Style_council
raapunzel

haha @ drinking when wearing heels.
i do like wearing heels when going out for that too.
if you can own walking in your heels while drunk or tipsy then you’ve got it down.

posted about 4 years ago

kelllosaurus
Style_council
kelllosaurus

I actually find that I can walk the best in heels anywhere between 3-5 beers. I’m also fluent in Spanish in that beer range too.

posted about 4 years ago

illustratekate
Style_council
illustratekate

i kill at the pool table after 3 beers, but by then the heels are off, next to my purse.

posted about 4 years ago

Shaniqua1071
Style_council
Shaniqua1071

I agree practice wearing yr high heels…is the best way on how to walk in them.

posted about 4 years ago

alinaceusan
Style_icon
alinaceusan

just wear them and make yourself feel like ur on the runway. it will work!

posted almost 3 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION