Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
MadeleineFitzpatrick
New_user MadeleineFitzpatrick is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When MadeleineFitzpatrick reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
MadeleineFit...

I work in a cute cafe, but we have no uniform. The dress code is casual, e.g. boys in tshirts, jeans… however it is warming up, and I want to wear skirts like this but how to with covered/comfy shoes?? Any other suggestions for summery casual work wear with shoes would be appreciated too!

skirts – summery, just on/above knee floaty skirts (so I can feel pretty, but safe to bend over/around in)

‘’1’’:http://www.polyvore.com/linea_weekend_floral_ditsy_print/thing?id=28477213

‘’2’’:http://www.asos.com/Gap/Gap-Floral-Floaty-Skirt/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=763999

‘’3’’:http://www.aftershockplc.com/Womens-Knee-Length-Skirts/linda-knee-length-skirt

help me! the yummy mummys are always so well dressed!

posted about 3 years ago
PeachyPanda
Style_council
PeachyPanda

Is closed-toe shoes a requirement? For warmer weather with skirts you could try a wedge sandal but with a covered toe. I personally like t-straps with a smalle wedge heel or cone shaped heels.

posted about 3 years ago

MiuSan
Style_council
MiuSan

ew…working with food in open-toed shoes…

In the summertime i see alot of waitresses wear cute dresses and about calf-lenght skirts.
The key is not to go too short or too bodyhugging.
Comfy is key when standing on your feet just about all day. Wedge is actually a good pick since they tend to offer balance you don’t get on heels.

posted about 3 years ago

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

Some nude or light coloured ballet flats would look pretty with a floaty skirt. You could also try oxford flats, they look good with floral skirts!

posted about 3 years ago

MadeleineFitzpatrick
New_user MadeleineFitzpatrick is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When MadeleineFitzpatrick reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
MadeleineFit...

hmm thanks guys! i think ill have to go oxford flats, my feet definitely need to be covered. i just didnt think my hightops would work as well during summer!

posted about 3 years ago

boredstephanie
Style_council
boredstephanie

I think oxfords are definitely your best bet. Flats are cute but they don’t really cover your whole foot

posted about 3 years ago

maymaylove
Style_council
maymaylove

closed toe?
-oxfords
-ballet flats (esp those two toned ones with ankle straps)
-wedges – but not ideal if you will be standing all day
-ankle booties
-toms/vans
-lace up espadrilles

posted about 3 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION