Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
GoldLion
Style_council
GoldLion

Im going to warped tour in Chicago this year and I have no idea what to wear! Its not untill Aug but im in england at the moment so im planning ahead so i know what to pack.

Im not planning on going into any mosh pits or crowd surfing or anything so Im thinking of wearing a black bandage mini skirt with some gladiator sandals and probably a vintage t shirt
I haven’t got any shorts at the moment that fit me other wise id probably wear those.

Any other ideas or suggestions?

posted over 5 years ago
sarah_jane03
Style_council
sarah_jane03

That sounds good actually! I’m going to Warped Tour in Toronto tomorrow—so excited! I’m wearing a vintage halter top and dressy shorts with cuffs on the bottom. I was going to wear gladiators too but I like getting near the stage and having toes stepped on isn’t fun! I think I’m just going to wear a pair of Keds.

My advice is to wear light materials because it gets so hot being outside for 10 hours. Brighter colours will help reflect the sun—avoid black!!

posted over 5 years ago

goin
Style_council
goin

i went to Warped Tour in 2004 and i’m so glad you BOTH are going! it’s so much fun! i would say to just make sure your outfit is comfortable to you (esp. the gladiators because you will do so much walking). don’t forget your sunblock! :) prepare for it to be hot and sticky, so if your hair is long, bring a hair tie or put it up. if you intend on buying band merch., bring a big purse that is comfy on your shoulder. if not, a small bag will do. also, they always search bags before entrance so don’t bring any weapons haha. when i went last, they didn’t allow outside water bottles, so bring $$ for both food and water aside from band merch. hope you both have fun!

posted over 5 years ago

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

^ they allow unopened bottles at the venue I go to, but they get warm so quickly since I always walk to the ferry then to the venue :/

So yeah, prepare to do a LOT of walking, wear comfy shoes. I seriously wish I had a worn in pair of DMs for concerts, that way my feet wouldn’t get stepped on either!

Wear light materials, nothing you wouldn’t want to get too messed up (yeah, I’m a fan of pits and crowd surfing… so I’d never wear anything nice to a concert haha).

Oh, and I’d suggest sunglasses. And try bringing in some food because I passed out two years ago from lack of food :/ not fun!

posted over 5 years ago

GoldLion
Style_council
GoldLion

Thanks guys! this helps a lot. I ended up buying some vintage Levis 501 shorts the other day so i might end up wearing those.

posted over 5 years ago

Levity
Style_council
Levity

Bad idea… never wear sandals or a skirt to a show. I mean what if- hypothetically- you decide to crowdsurf. There goes that possibility. Go with the shorts.
And I wore gladiator sandals to a show last week- and my feet got so bruised I didn’t even enjoy myself for the last 20 minutes. If you want to even get close to the stage get a pair of legitimate shoes. I mean warped tour- no one really cares what you look like. I hate to say it, but really crazy shows are the one place where function trumps fashion, you want something that can get destroyed and gives some protection.

posted over 5 years ago

BirdsandBees
Style_council
BirdsandBees

If you’re gonna be in the pit wear a black tank top and shorts! You don’t wanna be hot and sweaty!!!! Or care about your clothes getting ruined.

posted over 5 years ago

foxyybran
Style_council
foxyybran

I’m going next week in Cincinnati. Last year was so hot, I’ve been thinking about wearing my bathing suit, tank top, and cheer shorts. lol, I highly doubt that happens, but it’s a thought.

posted over 5 years ago

marlene
Style_council
marlene

I’ll be at warped in Chicago this Saturday as well. I’ve been there before, and I love being in the pit. So, I think I’ll be wearing a regular college t-shirt with the sides cut off, a cami underneath, soffe shorts, and then some slip on sneaks.

It’ll be hot, and it’s important to keep yourself safe (sunscreen!) as well as dry (always go sleeveless, no one wants underarm stains on their tee).

bring an unopened bottle of water, and a sandwich in plastic wrap. also, if you’re going in the pit, do not take a purse! first time I went, I brought my purse and it was such a burden. instead, go with an athletic drawstring bag. you can put all your things and all the free stuff and merch youre bound to get in there. it’s safer, and doesn’t feel so cumbersome….DONT FORGET TO FOLLOW VANS WARPED ON TWITTER! twitter.com/warped09…. they’ll update you all day on things you need to know :)

I just love going to warped every year and seeing all the new trends!

posted over 5 years ago

GoldLion
Style_council
GoldLion

YAY! well maybe I’ll see you there!

posted over 5 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION