Twitter
Googleplus
Alexia1
New_user Alexia1 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When Alexia1 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
Alexia1

Hi All,

I thought I reach out to the forum for some help here. I have had these D&G boots for some time now and each year when the weather starts getting cool into fall and winter, I tell myself I am going to wear them, but never do. By the time I get around to wearing them, they will probably be classified vintage! Honestly, things look really nice in the shops and online as it is paired correctly, but then the moment arrives of trying to integrate it into what you have or like to wear – that becomes the problem.

I have this Ann Taylor skirt that I think could work with the boots, but I am just unsure. I tried a dress with it – didn’t really work. Really, what do you wear with boots like these out to pull it off? or are we not supposed to. Just spend money and look at it? I be in the same place trying to wear a pair of Choo “April” boots and still not get the right look.

Basically – help. Should I give up here and move on by dumping these at a boutique or ebay for sale, or should I try to get these going with a look that can work? Would these boots work with a slightly below the knee skirt like this as shown? They look like very classic boots on, but when I sit down, the flaps on top of my thighs flare up under the skirt – not good.

Any outfit suggestions for these boots or should I just acknowledge defeat by staying away from boots like these?

First Boot Picture and Skirt

Closeup of Boots

posted over 3 years ago
Alexia1

10 points - Become a fan

Alexia1

I wanted to say that I am looking for something classy, sophisticated looking, sexy, but not trashy. I am 30 years old and size 8 type body. Thanks!!

posted over 3 years ago

Alexia1

10 points - Become a fan

Alexia1

Maybe we approach this with a scenario. In a few months, much Christmas themed activities will be occurring. I think one of the reasons I picked the skirt is trying to make the boots go with something dressy.
Maybe the better approach to how I would love to see these boots work would be through a scenario.

……. Cold day in late November/early December, and heading to the city to
see the Nutcracker Ballet Performance with Live Orchestra in the early evening and then off to a late dinner. Atmosphere in both places are more dressy. What outfits would make the boots work then?

posted over 3 years ago

akbay
Style_council
akbay

I think the skirt in your photo would go with the boots. Better yet I think skinny jeans would be even better.

posted over 3 years ago

Alexia1

10 points - Become a fan

Alexia1

I will take a picture with the boots on with the skirt so you can see how it looks and try to get some more opinions about this so I can get some more input about this.

posted over 3 years ago

michineko
New_user michineko is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When michineko reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
michineko

If you are really having trouble, you could always just fold them down and wear them as knee-highs…

I agree with all of hellotampon’s suggestions, skinny jeans or leggings / tunic in particular :)

posted over 3 years ago

Alexia1

10 points - Become a fan

Alexia1

Pictures of the boots with various outfits – which one?

Hi Everyone, sorry for the delay of getting pictures taken and then consolidated. I tried to stick to one top so I wasn’t changing that out often or grabbing belts or accessories.

Okay, well here it is. I put the boots together with some pieces of clothing I have, and leave it up to you to tell me which looks best for these boots. I put a label on each outfit so you can just refer to it as Look A,B,C, etc

Hope this helps with your assessment of what you think that could work for me. I am hoping to make it work for a little dressy, or date night out to nice restaurant, but hopefully in the end still look classy. Tell me what outfits will work for these Dolce & Gabbana boots, or maybe tops/accessories that could enhance the look!! Thanks!

P.S. (Look C) is the Ann Taylor skirt as originally posted.

posted over 3 years ago

sandmallow
Style_council
sandmallow

have you tried folding the top part of the boots down, honestly the boots look so long on you. or try wearing them with black tights see through and a longer shirt like a tunic that will cover you like a dress but too long to cover your boots.

posted over 3 years ago

sandmallow
Style_council
sandmallow

D looks the best to me

posted over 3 years ago

Alexia1

10 points - Become a fan

Alexia1

Trying to turn them down gives such a huge fold, honestly, I don’t think it looks very good at all. :(

posted over 3 years ago

penelope204
Style_council
penelope204

you should try leggings with a long cardigan and accessories to dress up the outfit. or yo can try skinny jeans or a short flowy dress with some colored tights underneath

posted over 3 years ago

Alexia1

10 points - Become a fan

Alexia1

Here are a collage of pictures I took of various outfits, some of what you mentioned, but may need improvements. here are the pictures at this link:

Pictures of the boots with various outfits —LINK!

posted over 3 years ago

PeachyPanda
Style_council
PeachyPanda

Oh gosh those are sexy sexy boot! Keep them. I particularly like them paired with that midi skirt (first photo of the collage) for work attire. They would look great over dark wash denim and a trench. Those boots could also help transition floral dresses to fall

posted over 3 years ago

Lambs
Style_council
Lambs

1. Definitely keep them! You bought them, which means you like them, and in your head you thought they wo uld work.

2. I like those looks you posted, and it actually looks much better with the outfits you showed because it gives me a good idea. I like them with the pencil skirts you have, but you said the flaps keep showing underneath the skirts, so maybe you could try a flare skirt. Something that’s not so “hugging”

As for the jean look, I like it, but I would go with darker jeans. It would just look more uniform, as if you were wearing a pair of “boot-jean” ; all-in-one. D and H with the really short skirt, are okay, but seem a bit slutty to me. I would nix those.

posted over 3 years ago

Alexia1

10 points - Become a fan

Alexia1

I agree, the short skirt with the boots doesn’t really fit the style I am trying to achieve.

posted about 3 years ago

maymaylove
Style_council
maymaylove

i think the boots look best with the leggings…or maybe dark (gray/black) pants, maybe high waisted to look taller? and a dressy, waist defining top or a loose sparkly top would look nice. add a blazer to look polished. but be careful about how you wear it, you might end up looking very short in those boots because they are thigh high.
the boots arent very formal looking, they lean more towards casual…i actually dont really like how they look with the pencil skirts because thigh highs are meant to be shown off and not covered…a mini would actually work well with it, but its not actually appropriate to wear to a nutcracker performance…try folding the flaps down or scrunching the shaft down for a different look.

posted about 3 years ago

pynkworld
New_user pynkworld is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When pynkworld reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
pynkworld

I like D for the orchestra, but on other days, aim to contrast a bit. The boots speak volumes with edge so make your top more girl or demure. Think hard with feminine. So go for a floral top that is very loose and sheer with leggings as everyone suggested, nice pearl or diamond studs to balance.

posted about 3 years ago

illq
Style_council
illq

I like H. I think your boot are hard to work with because they are so high. When you cover up the top part of your boots, it looks a little funny. I suggest the best way to wear them would to pair it up with black skinny jeans or black leggings to elongate your legs. The little bit of blue peeking out in your skinny jeans don really work. I think a trench coat and a nice top would look nice.

posted about 3 years ago

dasom
New_user dasom is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When dasom reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
dasom

First off, I love your boots! I would recommend paring your boots with jeggings and a loose fitting white tank with a cropped jacket/blazer and some gold accents — like a long chunky necklace and some gold and torquoise bangles — and then maybe you can sort of loosely tuck in the white tank top for a chic and edgy yet stylish look :)

posted about 3 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

I like D the best—it’s a simple, clean look that lets the boots speak for themselves. I don’t think it would look as good to wear skirts/dresses that are longer than the top of the boots—for those outfits, I would just opt for shorter boots. If you wear them under jeans, maybe try jeans in a darker wash? They look really nice with leggings too :)

posted about 3 years ago

imchicER
Style_council
imchicER

You should wear your boots with that skirt and a red ruffled shirt

posted about 3 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION