Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Ninjakat
Style_council
Ninjakat

Hello fellow stylist :) and fashionable people!

My name is Serena and im a complete idiot when it comes to fashion. I want to look nice but i have no idea how to dress for my body! I am 5’4" short torso, EXTREMELY high hips (it makes me look wide where I shouldn’t and makes me feel fat), and longgggggg legs. I want nice clothes that are some what fun and edgy. I love plaid, off the shoulder shirts, leather and motorcycles hehe, so i’d like to keep it fun yet not over the top. Please send me links of outfits I should wear for my figure!

I’ll attach a photo of what my body looks like roughly.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs176.snc4/38115_10150233642005368_721425367_13744453_3753491_n.jpg

Thanks!

posted almost 4 years ago
lovebughannah
Style_council
lovebughannah

you have my body!!! lol!!!! Your not fat at all :)
You can pretty uch wear whatever you feel comfortable in.

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

Just from looking at that photo I think you’re really pretty and have a great body!
have you tried using the ‘people like me’ search function on chictopia? If you’ve filled in your details in your account settings then you can take a look at the ‘people like me’ section, it’s under the ‘style gallery’ tab at the top. It’s not that accurate but you might get some ideas from people who have a similar body shape!
I think you should take advantage of your long legs and show them off with some short shorts or skirts! You could try wearing dresses or skirts that cinch in at the waist (or wear a high waisted belt) so your hips won’t look as wide. Maybe even try cropped jackets? I also think that printed/ patterned tops would look nice on you, maybe a top that has details or ruffles at the front. Maybe tops that are a bit loose but not baggy… hmm
hope that helps a bit, if i think of anything else i’ll post it :)

trinnah
Style_council
trinnah

I pretty much agree with everything coldlight said. :)

The ‘people like me’ search option on Chictopia is really helpful. I used it when I first started out, and it really helped me when it came to finding inspiration for my body type. I agree about the skirts that cinch at the waist. That look is almost always flattering for any body type. Since you have long legs, you can wear mini-skirts and show them off! :)

Ninjakat
Style_council
Ninjakat

Well I cant wear belts at the waist because my hips are so high! lol it just makes them look wider.

But thanks for the compliments girls. I just find it annoying how they stuck out so far or makes me look chubby. I do look akward in a swim suit. :X I just need to find the right clothes. Let me check that “people like me” thing.

Ninjakat
Style_council
Ninjakat

Also I find if i wear jeans I get a bit of the whole Muffin top thing going on.. which makes shirts look unflattering on me.

boredstephanie
Style_council
boredstephanie

if you have a muffin top, wear looser tops^^

tammmmy
New_user tammmmy is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When tammmmy reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
tammmmy

youre really pretty. have you tried loose maxi skirts? what’s your style??

Ninjakat
Style_council
Ninjakat

I love 80’s vintage but like modern. So i like off the shoulder shirts, jean skirts, leggings, boots, leather jackets.

I just find it hard to find shirts that arent too long (short torso high ass hips) or that cling to my body too much (show muffin top) or make me look pregnant (peasant tops) :|

LeoSamChic1
Style_council
LeoSamChic1

I have the muffin top problem too, im at the weight I should be, but women naturally have thick fat on their hips and thighs because of the whole pregnancy thing. Instead of buying low cut pants or shorts, i buy some that are a little higher to combat that hippy bulge.I think your style is great for your body type. cardigans or little jackets can break up the monotony of a large waist. But thats juts a little rule thing, whatever you like, you can wear :) I get my ideas of style from browsing the internet and looking at old family photos. Learning how to sew opens up a million doorto style. If a skirt is too long, you can measure and hem it, sleeves are too long just take them in at the shoulder.There is ALOT you can do :) Explore the possibilities :) You are beautiful :) Oh and i agree 100% on what coldlight said.

REPLY TO DISCUSSION