Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
living_paradox
Style_council
living_paradox

Hello fellow Chictopians, I need your help! My senior graphic design exhibition is coming up and I was wondering if something like this would be ok to wear: http://s1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff520/christinaguzman1/?action=view&current=exhibition_outfit1.jpg

I know there’s some leeway when it comes to creative majors/fields in terms of dress code, but not sure if this is overdoing it or not. I’m definitely wearing the skirt, but I’m just not sure on the blazer. I really like it, but perhaps I should go with a plain black blazer? My plan is to wear a white button up underneath, nude or black tights and black pumps. Also, I’m only 5’0, so the skirt isn’t as high on me as it is on the model, it’s almost knee length. Thanks in advance!

posted over 3 years ago
freshlook
New_user freshlook is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When freshlook reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
freshlook

The skirt is cute but the blazer seems like too much IMO. A plain, black blazer that’s fitted and a bit cropped would look great with the skirt. I’d wear the skirt a little bit higher waisted so it’s not all the way at the knee. Black tights and velvet black pumps would look best with the skirt.

posted about 3 years ago

Jellyba
New_user Jellyba is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When Jellyba reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
Jellyba

I think the blazer is adorable! But while I don’t think it’s too much personally if you are having doubts about it you might as well go with something on the safe side. The skirt is so cute the outfit would still look great with a plain black blazer and then you wouldn’t have any insecurities about it. Also, you’d be able to wear the plain blazer more often in the future.

posted about 3 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION