Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
lorilovesyouu
Style_council
lorilovesyouu

So, I have somewhat of a dilemma that I don’t quite know how to deal with. I have a REALLY big chest (not bragging, it’s actually quite annoying), 34DD, to be exact, but a pretty small waist. I need advice on how to flatter my waist without accentuating my chest too much. I love all the oversized shirts with skinny jeans, but oversized shirts tend to just look like maternity wear.

Help! What would flatter my body type?

posted almost 6 years ago
geekbonchic
Style_council
geekbonchic

Rather than trying to hide your body (which just makes it look bigger in the long run), try keeping things fitted. A-line skirts and straight leg pants will give your waist and legs more definition and balance out your larger top. Avoid deep Vs and try more structured jackets that will give your shoulders more emphasis than your bust.

lifeinsideamusicbox
Style_council
lifeinsideam...

I feel your pain! I’m small-waisted and large chested as well (32DD, which I only recently got measured and found out thats the size I am… SO annoying, especially the whole regular stores not carrying your size thing). If you don’t have broad shoulders (I do, so I don’t do this as much) you could try wearing an oversized shirt or tunic top belted at the waist (thin belt would probably be better), which would leave plenty of room at the top as to not over-emphasize your chest, but would still show off your waist really well. Ditto on the A-line skirts and structured jackets, really any skirt that goes out is good for your waist, also any top that emphasizes your shoulders would help as well.

jetaime
Style_council
jetaime

my friend has the same issue – she does the worst thing and tries to hide it.
I would try to balance it out with ruffles on skirts etc. And to me it sounds like you have the perfect hourglass figure!

jetaime
Style_council
jetaime

my friend has the same issue – she does the worst thing and tries to hide it.
I would try to balance it out with ruffles on skirts etc. And to me it sounds like you have the perfect hourglass figure!

poorandweird
Style_council
poorandweird

30FF here, i feel ya pain!

i’d go for low scoop necked t shirts – high necked anything makes big boobs look awful. Providing the shirt still covers yer bra and has a wide neckline to show off collarbones, this will be flattering.

Wrap tops emphasise the waist and make your chest look smaller.

Corset- style tops are good too, because they pull in the waist and emphasise your chest – in a classy way, obv :P

Overall, i think the main problem with having big boobs is that your torso can just look like one solid column if you’re not careful. These gals are right, high-waisted skirts and waist belts and all these kinds of things spotlight the waist and break up the upper half of you.

Structured coats with a deep V neckline break up your chest area visually too.

Personally, i like to wear button-up shirts which are only SLIGHTLY loose, so you can still see that i have a waist, but so the fabric doesn’t pull and gape obscenely at my boobs.

and finally nothing funnel-necked, for the love of god!

REPLY TO DISCUSSION