SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
miki_girl
Style_council
miki_girl

Hey guys!! (*^^)/
I found this pink cardigan at the shops today and I took a picture of me wearing it and showed my mum at home for her opinion and she told me it was “old fashioned” and not in a good way either! I think it’s cute but obviously my mum doesn’t think so.

I need a second (or few!) opinions on whether I should buy it or not so thought I’d post my query here cos I can trust the advice of my fellow chictopians! (^^)

The thing is, sometimes I really like an article of clothing and I buy it but then a few months later, I don’t like it anymore…Also, I’m not sure if I actually have many things in my wardrobe that I can actually wear this with. Advice would be greatly appreciated!!

The link can be found here

Thanks guys!!

posted about 3 years ago
penelope204
Style_council
penelope204

i think it’s pretty but it will tend to look old fashioned like your mother said if you pair it a certain way.

posted about 3 years ago

miki_girl
Style_council
miki_girl

Yeah. It does look a little “old granny” ish, doesn’t it! (>_<)
It really is pretty but because I have a limited variety of clothes in my wardrobe, it might be that the clothes I own that I can wear with it is really limited. Still, I don’t have anything like this cardigan so I think it’d be cool to have in my wardrobe.

Thank you guys both for that little bit of wisdomosity! That really is true! What I pair it with would make it appear a certain way, wouldn’t it? I suppose if I wore it with jeans and maybe a small belt, it would seem a little more modern?

Those are some good questions to ask yourself Angel2450 and thanks! I’m not sure about that one. I have a feeling I will wear it a few times and get sick of it but it could be possible that once I start wearing it, I’ll wear it even more!

posted about 3 years ago

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

Are you from Australia? (just asking cos I recognise the shop, i’m from Melbourne :P )
anyway I think the cardigan is very cute and sweet, and it wouldn’t be too grandma like if you pair it with the right things. I would wear the cardigan! (probably not in pink though, but that’s me!)
I think it would look nice paired with things like denim shorts and a plain tshirt. Or if it was me i’d actually play up the cute factor by wearing it with a circle skirt, blouse and flats, haha! You could also wear it with a patterned dress and boots… I think it just depends on whether you’ll actually wear it enough to be worth it :)
I think it’s the colour rather than the style which makes it look a little old fashioned.. the store “Friends of Couture” makes the most gorgeous little cardigans, which also have that vintagey vibe, but they also look quite modern.. you might be interested in checking out their store!

posted about 3 years ago

miki_girl
Style_council
miki_girl

Thanks for the great advice coldlight! (^^) Haha. Yes, I am from Australia! =] About 2 hours ago, I was thinking: “Maybe I shouldn’t get it now..” but now I’m considering getting it again. XD Although some people might consider it old fashioned, if I can pull a few outfits off with it, it might be good for me fashion confidence wise and that way, I’m most likely to wear it often! I also don’t own anything like it so it would be pretty cool to have a different variation of clothes!

posted about 3 years ago

miki_girl
Style_council
miki_girl

If you guys had this cardigan, what would you wear it with to make it less old fashioned looking?

posted about 3 years ago

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

You can match it with modern looking pieces to make sure it doesn’t look too old fashioned! Like with denim shorts, a black mini dress, knee high boots, you could even layer it underneath a denim jacket.
Here are some examples: with a patterned dress and hat for a spring-y look
denim shorts and a striped top
patterned tights and statement shoes
or even with plain skinny jeans

hope you get some ideas from those :)

posted about 3 years ago

miki_girl
Style_council
miki_girl

Wow thank you so much for going to the trouble of finding those, coldlight! (^^)
Heaps of inspiration from those outfits! (^-^)b Do you think $20 for a cardigan like that is a reasonable price?

posted about 3 years ago

miki_girl
Style_council
miki_girl

And that’s perfect too cos last night when I was rummaging through my mum’s closet, I discovered a black skirt that I’ve never seen her wearing before. It’d go really well with that cardigan! (^0^)

posted about 3 years ago

farewellmylovely
New_user farewellmylovely is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When farewellmylovely reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
farewellmylo...

i would wear it with a loose white tunic and tough combat boots. That always makes things more modern!

posted about 3 years ago

StyleDelights
Style_council
StyleDelights

If you pair it with a pretty dress and pearls, it may look little old fashioned (pretty nonetheless), but pair it with a skinny jeans and a silky blouse, it will look very classy..With a tutu-like skirt (very much in for spring 2011), or any knee length full flair skirt and cami, it will look gorgeous!

posted about 3 years ago

PeachyPanda
Style_council
PeachyPanda

I think its adorable! More girly girl than granny but I guess I’d have to see it on a body to determine that. It looks very versatile, with cute floral dresses, floaty skirts, and jeans. I’d pair it with a striped/nautical top, over casual boyfriend jeans and chunky wedges. With dresses, any pretty floral dresses in a complimentary color would look fabulous paired under the cardigan. Just remember that if you do decide to pair it with something that looks “granny-ish” you can always bring it back towards youthful with some kickass sexy pumps.

posted about 3 years ago

miki_girl
Style_council
miki_girl

Thank you farewellmylovely, StyleDelights and PeachyPanda! (^^)

StyleDelights: Yes! I’ve got to agree with that one! Although it would look classic, I don’t think I’d suit that look at all! XD I might try it some day though so thanks for the idea!! Exactly what I was thinking! I’ve got a few skirts I’ve got in mind that may go well with the outfit. Do you think it would look a little old fashioned if the skirt was a white frilly one? PeachyPanda: Yeah. It looks slightly different to the photo but I guess that’s the same case with practically all photos on those online stores. Thanks for the fabbity fab ideas! ;) Hey, I’ve had a lot of suggestions on what I could wear it with which I’m really greatful for but I’d like to turn the question around. What shouldn’t I wear it with? (I tend to match the wrong clothes with the wrong things (>_<) )
posted about 3 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION