Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Newdall
Style_council
Newdall

I really prefer to wear tights under skirts and shorts, but I live in Texas and Summer is truly hot. If tights are sheer-ish and light colored, is it alright to wear them during summer? Say, maybe with short shorts or short skirts.

posted about 6 years ago
BirchandMahogany
Style_council
BirchandMaho...

It’s been hot where I live lately, and the other day I saw a girl wearing tights with a short dress. Granted, the tights were patterned and had holes in them (in a victorian-y diamond pattern), but she looked fabulous.

I think you could get away with anything semi-sheer or with an open pattern. Plus, if there are gaps in the fabic, your skin can breathe more in the heat. Tigths that cut off somwhere before the foot, so they’re more like leggings but made from tights material, are also a good pick. I guess it really depends what you wear them with, but I’d imagine they’d look good with skirts, some shorts, or dresses.

And really, do what makes you comfitable. If you really want to wear tights and it will make you feel confident and cool, go for it as long as you dont sweat to death! Also, you can certainly get away with the stuff more in the evening, or if you’ll be spending the day somewhere cool and air conditioned. Go for it!

posted about 6 years ago

shadowplay_
Style_council
shadowplay_

Yeah, I agree with ^ Wear them if you like them, if the outfit looks great, but make sure you’re not overheating.

posted about 6 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION