Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
electricboot
Style_council
electricboot

Hello all! I’m headed to college this year for my freshman year, and am in need of a fabulous yet practical bag to house my laptop and books. I found said bag, a gorgeous leather satchel backpack from the Cambridge Satchel Company, which is in my price range, totally gorgeous, and big enough for all my things. NOW. It comes in many colors, but I am most (and, problematically, equally) attracted to the caramel brown, rich red, and vibrant yellow bags. Now, I wear many bright colors (red and yellow included; I frequently wear a red blazer) but am intrigued by a big bright bag. I’m tempted to not play it safe with the tan, even though it’s gorgeous and I wear a lot of the same color accessories. Other factors to consider:
-I go to a large urban school (would a bright bag attract theft? I do love my laptop)
-Outerwear I wear is:
*Army Green
*Metallic Pewter
*Beige
*Black
*Red
*Denim
Help!

posted over 3 years ago
Karlasweet1
New_user Karlasweet1 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When Karlasweet1 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
Karlasweet1

Congrats on your first semester as a freshman! I am a sucker for tan..it’s classic BUT before I bought my classic bags I couldn’t help myself and bought the colorful trendy ones first. Accessories are meant to be fun and playful. I have a soft spot for red bags…. Good luck and post a pic when you buy it!

posted over 3 years ago

blueviolet725
Style_council
blueviolet725

When I got my first job out of school, and was totally broke, I bought myself a pair of red shoes. They just did something for my soul.
I would pick whatever moves you most. It will be your constant companion till it dies.
I don’t think color attracts theft. I think attitude does. walk with a purpose, and stay alert…with or without your laptop! Enjoy the year!

posted over 3 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION