Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
SarahJaneR
Style_council
SarahJaneR

Ok, so I know the rule is " no white after Labor Day" but I have this really nice white blazer that would look so cute with so many ensembles. Plus, I live in the Tama Bay area of Florida so I never really experience a true fall and winter except for like a month or two. Can I still wear white after Labor Day given the circumstances? I personally haven’t followed the rule for years, but since I’m working on getting into the fashion industry, I want to make sure I “come correct.”

posted over 4 years ago
geekbonchic
Style_council
geekbonchic

Then wear it.

posted over 4 years ago

elizabethmd
Style_council
elizabethmd

Who really cares? I heard that rule was out anyway. Go for it!

posted over 4 years ago

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

I ignore most fashion rules, to be honest. I still want a white blazer, I’d definitely wear it if I had one :(

posted over 4 years ago

ClothesHorse
Style_icon
ClothesHorse

Wear it. Think of all those “winter white” collections out there. Rules shouldn’t exist in fashion.

posted over 4 years ago

mayieta
Style_council
mayieta

Rules are made to be broken. c:

posted over 4 years ago

SarahJaneR
Style_council
SarahJaneR

Thanks for the advice, my instincts were telling me that it doesn’t matter, but since I’m around a lot of chic people, I figured I’d get the opinions of other :)

posted over 4 years ago

kelllosaurus
Style_council
kelllosaurus

White is my favorite color to wear and there is no way I’m giving it up for 6 months out of the year. That’s half of my life deprived of my favorite clothes!

posted over 4 years ago

BrodyKushner
Style_council
BrodyKushner

I think fashion rules like not wearing white after Labour Day are becoming out of fashion. What matters is that you like what you are wearing.

posted over 4 years ago

Kelko
Style_council
Kelko

Just wear it! The fashion industry still makes so many white items for the rest of the year, and it still looks good.

posted over 4 years ago

ObscureOverture
Style_council
ObscureOverture

Wear it! Fashion rules can be broken.

posted almost 3 years ago

_ReD_LiPsTiCk_
Style_council
_ReD_LiPsTiCk_

In this day and age no one even applies by it I know I dont. Once it stops being hot I will however put away my white jeans and shorts because white is so clean and I just like white and summer lol

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

chances are, no one under the age of 40 will really notice. no one’s stopping you, go for it if you feel that you just have to wear your blazer on that day.

REPLY TO DISCUSSION