Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
BigManWalter
Style_council
BigManWalter

Okay, so I’m from the city, Montreal, to be precise.

My girlfriend’s from the prairies, and a bit of a tomboy, and she just never figured out how to dress herself properly (Although she’ll never admit to it). She has a couple outfits which look great (One of them being the one she wore when I first met her), but the majority of them range from very plain to downright ugly.

She’s told me that a decent portion of her wardrobe comes from Costco or Walmart, to which I actually had to hold back my laughter. I get the feeling that she doesn’t appreciate the different cuts that are available, and why one v-neck might look better on her than another, or why this skirt is nicer than that.

As a guy, I’m not up to date on women’s fashion, but I can identify what I do and don’t like.

I can take her shopping and help her pick out some outfits that I want to see her wearing, but the thing is that I don’t have the first idea about what stores to actually go to. Do you guys think it would be a good idea for me to take her, or would she probably be better off doing it with a girl who dresses well (I’ve had at least one friend of mine offer).

The only criteria really is that since we’re both students, the clothing budget is kind of limited, and the other big thing is that she’s a tall girl (5’11") so that makes it more difficult to find stuff.

She’s told me that she can’t wear brands like H&M because they make their dresses short for average height girls, so it comes out WAY too short on her. If that’s true, what brands are there which make clothes that fit right on a tall girl?

posted over 3 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION