Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
nobutterfly
Shop_seller_2 nobutterfly is a Chictopia seller who has been hand-picked by our editors to sell merchandise on our website.

Chictopia sellers carry fashion forward products and ensure great customer experience. Click here if you are interested in selling your merchandise on Chictopia.
nobutterfly

Hello, chic and gorgeous people!

So, unless we are Storm from the fictional series “X-men”, we can’t control is the weather. Imagine that your whole region had a whole gray, cloudy week. Now imagine that the next two weeks will have no sun either. Just thick clouds.

The lighting fixtures at home and the flash of my nice camera lead for crappy quality photographs. The sun didn’t come out today and wont come out tomorrow either.

Oh, creative Chictopia, what would you do to get around this?

posted about 5 years ago
shadowplay_
Style_council
shadowplay_

No flash! Stand in a room that is as lit as possible – open windows, lights on everywhere. Stand against a white wall. That’s what I tried… haven’t found anything better yet. :(

posted about 5 years ago

nobutterfly
Shop_seller_2 nobutterfly is a Chictopia seller who has been hand-picked by our editors to sell merchandise on our website.

Chictopia sellers carry fashion forward products and ensure great customer experience. Click here if you are interested in selling your merchandise on Chictopia.
nobutterfly

Thanks! I will be trying this. The flash just makes the pictures look bad. So far I just stepped back in from being out in the rain taking pics. Lol. Kind of ruined my hair’s bounce. Oh chictopia. What else have you tried?

posted about 5 years ago

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

I open the windows. Get light. If it doesn’t work, relocate. I basically refuse to use indoor lighting, and if I must, I change it to tungsten on my camera because tungsten lighting is so ugly.

I never use the flash.

posted about 5 years ago

raiscake
Style_council
raiscake

If you can, you should mess around with your camera’s manual settings. Messing with the white balance and exposure usually does the trick. And like everyone else said, lots of outdoor lighting helps! Taking pics outside is the best. :)

posted about 5 years ago

shadowplay_
Style_council
shadowplay_

Yeah, I have no idea why sunlight makes things look so much nicer, but I’m thankful it does :)

posted about 5 years ago

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

good suggestions everyone… yes take the photos in a place where you can get as much light as possible, don’t use flash, change the manual settings on your camera…
if they’re still dark, try editing them on your computer.
when i take photos inside they always end up dark, so i just use windows photo editor to brighten them up. if you have photoshop you might be able to edit them better. there’s also sites online and programs you can download to edit your photos :D just play around with the settings!! but just don’t edit them too much or else they can look really fake, and there might be less detail in the pic.

posted about 5 years ago

aranell
Style_icon
aranell

i have the same problem! I usually shoot with my ISO mode and then lighten them a little on the computer before posting.

posted about 5 years ago

ellabelle
Style_council
ellabelle

don’t stand next to a window if it’s your only light source because the picture will end up really dark. stand across from it or shine a light in your direction/behind the camera.
and you can use picnik.com to edit if you don’t have photoshop!

posted about 5 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION