Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
marushka
Style_council
marushka

I love vintage jewelry – all kinds. I enjoy tourist-trap plastic trinkets with the same enthusiasm that I devote to finding 1940s bakelite or 1950s rhinestones. My only line in the sand is anything with peace signs on it (whatever that says about me). Where is your line between tacky and fantastic jewelry?

posted about 1 year ago
ElloLove77
Style_council
ElloLove77

I’d love to be able to get away with fun, vintage costume jewelry, but it just doesn’t look right with my simple and minimalistic style. The jewelry I wear is usually a more “delicate” version of their big, bright, and colourful jewelry cousins.

posted about 1 year ago

BeyondLustre
Forum_moderator
BeyondLustre

I think it all depends on personal style-sometimes a cheap painted rhinestone necklace will look great on someone who dresses brightly all the time, but will look tacky on someone who is always wearing really deluxe stuff-you know? Plus it depends on the amount-one piece will rarely look tacky, but if you’re wearing a whole jewelry collection it starts to get more tacky, imo.

posted about 1 year ago

FakeBlikeu
Style_council
FakeBlikeu

I love vintage jewelry too , but at some point you can cross the line and it may become a little tacky. I think it depends on how you mix the accessories, don’t try too much.

posted about 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION