Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
jonibringsjoy
Style_council
jonibringsjoy

I’m going to be working at camp all summer, and even now I’m considering my summer wardrobe. I’m totally lost! I want to be fashionable, but looking great is going to have to come second place to 1)comfort, and 2)getting dirty.
Heels are out of the question, as are skirts, except for weekends (trips into the city for movies, lunch, etc.) Shorts and tanks will be a staple, but I’m looking for more ideas of kinds of shorts, tanks, tees, and shoes to stock up on before May.
Please help!

posted over 5 years ago
splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

If you want to look a bit mroe edgy, go for stuff like studded shorts, flat buckled boots (if some of the activities require closed in shoes), gladiator sandals if they would be suitable, loose tanks (like the kind you could layer other tanks or bandeau tops under) and layer, high waisted shorts (which you could even wear with a cute patterned one piece swimsuit if you have any water activities), patterned shorts (like leopard print, floral, striped, acid wash etc.).

That’s all I can think of right now.

posted over 5 years ago

karas
Style_council
karas

Hm, sorry if this is a bit late. I definitely second what splashofcolour said.

If your camp is anything like the camp I used to go to, there will be tons of tie dye! Maybe try an acid wash on a tshirt, like the BritUgly tutorial link it That way you can still feel like you’re at camp without going total happy camper!

Another bit to consider is that while darker colors might be more warm during the day, they will hide dirt better.

Also, play around with tucking tanks/tees into your shorts and wearing colorful belts.

posted over 5 years ago

RadioCure
Style_council
RadioCure

Haha, yeah the camp I work at has lots of tye dye!
When I’m at camp, I make my outfits my own using hats and sunglasses. They’re practical for summer camp and they can add a lot to an otherwise plain tee and tank outfit.

posted over 5 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION