Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
jenniferelaine
New_user jenniferelaine is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When jenniferelaine reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
jenniferelaine

I have a dark yellow a-line skirt from the late 40’s or early 60’s. The warp is a dark mustard, and the weft is grey. It hits below my knees, and is full, but too narrow for my crinoline.

I was thinking of pairing it with tights, knee-high boots and a sweater. Herein lies my dilema. I have cognac heeled knee-high boots, and then I have traditional black/brown riding boots. In the sweater department, I have white, navy and grey pullovers. If I go with a blouse, I have a plethora of buttondowns, and grey and black cardigans. As far as tights go, I’d have to purchase tights, so color is irrelevant. What color combination can I choose that won’t look horrid?

posted about 1 year ago
ElloLove77
Style_council
ElloLove77

My instinct it to go with a white button down with a gray cardigan. I think the gray in the cardigan (or even sweater, depending on the style) would really make the gray in the skirt pop and everything would blend together nicely. I would say go with black for the boots, but since that isn’t an option, you’ll just have to try on both pairs and see what you like best. For the tights, I’m thinking black. (They don’t have to be plain either. A subtle pattern or “cable knit” pair would add some good texture. If you ever decide to wear heels with it, a pair of pantyhose with a seam would create a cute vintage look.)
Wow! I typed a lot! :P I hope this helps!

posted about 1 year ago

jenniferelaine
New_user jenniferelaine is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When jenniferelaine reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
jenniferelaine

That is how I typically wear it: a white button down and a gray cardigan, with black or nude pumps. I have two pairs of perfectly nice boots, though, and I’m desperate to incorporate them into my work wardrobe!

I’m not looking to add a pair of heeled black boots to my wardrobe at this point for a couple reasons. First, I have big calves and it’s hard for me to find boots at all. Second, when I buy staple pieces, I buy quality, so the boots will be a major purchase.

I bought a pair of seamed stockings, but I just stopped biting my nails, so by the time I had them on there were so many snags in them it looked like I’d been attacked by a wild animal. Manicure, then delicate stockings.

posted about 1 year ago

ElloLove77
Style_council
ElloLove77

The navy pullover and the riding boots might go together well, since you’re looking for a different way to wear it with boots. If you’ve got some yellow accessories, those will help pull everything together.
Hahaha! I understand about the delicate stockings thing! Although usually it’s the rough chairs at school that get mine.

posted about 1 year ago

FakeBlikeu
Style_council
FakeBlikeu

I have to agree with ElloLove77 , I would do same

posted about 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION