Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
recklessenigma
Style_council
recklessenigma

So I got this denim jacket a while ago, it was only 20p. I bought it as an experiment to see what it would look like if I cut the arms off. I wish I could cut the arms down a bit more so it didn’t look so circular haha. It’s not the nicest denim jacket I’ve seen and I’m not a big fan of the stars. But it looks like denim is coming back in for summer, so I was wondering how you would style it? and what other customising would look nice? bleaching/dip dying ect..

Pictures:
front :
http://i1059.photobucket.com/albums/t429/asdsfdghjgk/DSC01991.jpg

back:
http://i1059.photobucket.com/albums/t429/asdsfdghjgk/DSC01992.jpg

Thanks.

posted over 2 years ago
Roxx
Style_council
Roxx

Ohh it’s so cute!
I would wear it with a floral romper or a floral skirt and a white top / t-shirt.
Or you could pair it with a simple wife-beater, a pair of skinny pants and some killer heels, that would be so sexy.

One thing i wouldn’t do is mix denim with denim, but if you like how it look, you can try it :)

posted over 2 years ago

EmTrava
Style_council
EmTrava

I have a similar vest that I bleached and got a tie-dyed effect. I used a basin a bit smaller than the vest to create natural creases when placed inside it.
What I wore it with:
I’ve worn it with a floral romper too, like Roxx, minimal jewelry and flats.
I also wore it with a plain white loose tank top with black shorts and taupe oxford shoes.
Lastly (this is something I’m planning to try), I’d wear it with lace or crocheted white shorts, any colored tank top and wedges. I really like contrasting the edginess of the vest with the lace/crochet which is why I’m excited to try this combo too.

I could’ve posted some photos but my vest is still in the laundry haha. I hope I had helped you though. :)

posted over 2 years ago

recklessenigma
Style_council
recklessenigma

Thanks guys, gave me some good ideas :)

posted over 2 years ago

jcpenney
Style_council
jcpenney

That denim vest would look great with peach colored jeans! Try pairing it with black peep toe pumps, and a sequin ruffled top for a chic and edgy look!

posted over 2 years ago

Metric
Style_council
Metric

You can add studs and maybe a dip-dye?

posted about 1 year ago

amorphous_face
Style_council
amorphous_face

I have a denim vest like that and it seems to go with everything. I disagree about not mixing denim with denim. Even though I don’t like the look myself, I have seen too many people in the Style Gallery who put denim on denim so it is perfectly acceptable and fashionable.

posted about 1 year ago

JustinGilbert
Style_council
JustinGilbert

My last look is with a denim vest! I’ve been loving going sleeveless underneath a vest. :)

posted about 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION