Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
TAGS:  bootsi am uselesspurplesteve maddentroopa
krissylove
New_user krissylove is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When krissylove reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
krissylove

I bought these Purple Steve Madden boots, and have NO IDEA how to wear them, which is unfortunate considering their cost.
http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/steve-madden-troopa-boot/3529964?origin=category-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=Wine+Leather&resultback=372&cm_sp=personalizedsort--browseresults--11A

Help!

posted 12 months ago
WinknPout
Style_council
WinknPout

They are more wine in the picture ? Closer to oxblood. Is that what you got? Because in that case you have a lot of options… from pairing it up with black tights or skinnies to beige ones. You can also wear them with a skater dress or a maxi with slits.

Since there is a slight confusion over the exact color… may we point you to this post. It might help you a lot to choose which colors you can combine with your new boots, which are gorgeous BTW !

posted 12 months ago

BeyondLustre
Forum_moderator
BeyondLustre

Those are so cute! They’d look perfect with a black, brown, or mustard dress that goes below teh knee and a floppy hat in a matching color.

posted 12 months ago

avivranthing
Style_council
avivranthing

these boots are a great color! I’d say since they’re more of a wine/burgundy color, you can pair them with beige tones, white, black, or even deeper purples and blues. maybe try a flannel with one of those colors? or if you have denim that’s grey, black or a darker blue, that could be good.

posted 11 months ago

DelightfulDecember
Style_council
DelightfulDe...

Anything marigold (mustard) would be a great color to complement those boots. You can also incorporate green for blending. I’m sure there are lots of ways you can wear them.

posted 11 months ago

Crystal94305
Style_council
Crystal94305

These are really cute boots! The color will certainly go well with black and neutrals, but will look best with navy blue in fall and winter. It will also work with pink (though red would clash with it), but you may want to save that combination for Valentine’s Day or spring. In terms of styling, you can tuck your skinny jeans into the boots or pair them with any casual dress/skirt as long as the hem comes above the boots. Best of all, these boots are nearly mid-calf, which is the most leg-flattering shaft length. Here’s why: www.crystaltai.com/node/56

posted 10 months ago

lizolsen2011
Style_council
lizolsen2011

Since they are more redish/brown. I would style like you would any brown boot. They are pretty much a neutral so you can go ahead and treat them like they are. They would go great with regular wash skinny jeans.

posted 10 months ago

LittleBee
Forum_moderator
LittleBee

That color is soo pretty! They seem pretty neutral so you can style them with almost anything. Personally I would wear them with a black midi-length skirt and an oversized sweater. You can find more inspiration in Chictopia’s maroon boots gallery. Hope you find something!

posted 10 months ago

MadalinaGugila
Style_council
MadalinaGugila

you can wear that color with pretty much anything, from skinny jeans washed or dark, to dresses, thights or skirts. I also think they are pretty neutral, basic, so you can wear them with any color or print, good luck on styling them and maybe you show us!

posted 10 months ago

amorphous_face
Style_council
amorphous_face

wear them with camo pants.

posted 9 months ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION