Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
noisymouse
Style_council
noisymouse

So stirrups were around for the 80’s and stuck around the early ninety’s. I remember relishing in wearing them when i was four or five, and they seem to have returned.

They seem cute, but i don’t know. I dislike doing this but I always tend to jump on trend band wagons!

I swore I’d never wear high-waisted anything…. and I did. And I used to HATE leggings…now I’m deeply in love with them. I never used to tuck in my shirt…now I do it every now and then.

So, I wanna buy some but are they just some hot item that will lose steam after a few seasons?

Here’s a link from F21 on some modest stirrups: http://www.forever21.com/product.asp?catalog_name=FOREVER21&category_name=21_items&product_id=2081593026&showBACK=OK#

and a cute outfit with them: http://aff.ysi.bz/assets/58/148/l_p1022814858.jpg

so, yea or nay??

posted almost 4 years ago
crystaldots
Style_council
crystaldots

stirruppps are trendy i think. when i saw them on sale for $2 at forever 21, i knew i had to have ‘em right away. i mean, it’s a great way to “stir” up some fashion!

posted almost 4 years ago

tammmmy
New_user tammmmy is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When tammmmy reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
tammmmy

i love you, @watermoolen!

she’s right. i have a pair too from AA

posted over 3 years ago

EveyHoneysuckle
Style_council
EveyHoneysuckle

I guess they’re okay, but I still couldn’t bring myself to wear them. I don’t like things basically riding the arch of my foot haha.

posted over 3 years ago

kia
Style_council
kia

I was forced to wear stirrups as a child…they were ugly then and they are still ugly now. I would never ever touch a pair.

posted over 3 years ago

becalala
Style_council
becalala

They had a little phase last year, maybe earlier this year. But I don’t think they are that trendy anymore.

posted over 3 years ago

opfiend
Style_council
opfiend

I wouldn’t wear them but I’m sure they’ll just go in and out of fashion. Definitely just a trend.

posted over 3 years ago

kaleidoscopeeyes
Style_council
kaleidoscope...

I was thinking a few days ago that I want a pair of jeans with stirrups on them because theyre easy to tuck into cool socks. cause normal jeans are kind of too bulky even if theyre skinny.

posted over 3 years ago

raapunzel
Style_council
raapunzel

agreed with kia, i hope these disappear soon, they keep reminding me of when my mum got them for me to wear when i was in grade school, uuuugh, didn’t like them at that time at all!

posted over 3 years ago

boredstephanie
Style_council
boredstephanie

hmm I still see people wearing them but I think its just a trend. I think they are subtle enough to wear even if they are not exactly in anymore. I don’t mind how they look but I don’t love them either. I never had to wear them as a kid so maybe thats why? Xd

posted over 3 years ago

urbanpocahontas
Style_council
urbanpocahontas

I just treat them as regular tights… I don’t get why everyone is complaining. They feel pretty much the exact same to me…

posted over 3 years ago

MissHoney
Style_council
MissHoney

I think theyre a happy medium between full-foot and no-foot tights/leggings… you dont have to worry about them riding up, nor do you have to cover your toes if you don’t want to!

posted over 3 years ago

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

I have a pair of stirrup leggings… they’re comfier than tights, but they don’t bunch up around my ankles like other leggings would. I don’t necessarily think I’d wear them without socks, though.

posted over 3 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION