Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Smash86
Style_council
Smash86

Lately I’ve been purchasing a lot of statement pieces to wear with my basic tanks and tee shirts this summer. Yesterday I bought a long floral maxi skirt and it’s beautiful, but I’m not sure what to wear with it because that floral pattern is a pretty bold purple, pink and green color. Any ideas as to how to style it?

posted about 2 years ago
fashion_nerd
Style_council
fashion_nerd

You could always go for a neutral top (think black, tan, white, etc) for a more easy going look, but this year is all about color and taking some crazy risks with your look. I would suggest wearing a tank or blouse in the same color as the one least present in your skirt (so if your skirt is mostly pink and purple with a little bit of green, go for green; if it’s mostly pink and green, go for purple). That will draw the color out for a pretty matchy-matchy look (very on trend this season); or you could go the opposite direction and choose something that completely clashes (also very on trend this season).

Do you have a photograph or a link to the skirt?

Hope this helps :)

posted about 2 years ago

citysleek
Style_council
citysleek

Like fashion_nerd said, neutrals always do a good job! You could also wear a graphic crop top with the skirt, or maybe a neon shirt. :) Lucks finding something cute to wear with it!

posted about 2 years ago

Smash86
Style_council
Smash86

Thanks fashion nerd! that’s good advice :) I’ll have to post a pic when I can.

posted about 2 years ago

Smash86
Style_council
Smash86

http://www.chictopia.com/photo/show/680491-Flowers+are+blooming-aquamarine-floral-thrifted-skirt-dark-gray-kismet-top-cream-only-cardigan

posted about 2 years ago

belle_Lachic
Style_council
belle_Lachic

you should totally read this!

posted about 2 years ago

BleakandWet
Style_council
BleakandWet

I can totally envision a turqoise or aqua cropped tee with that skirt. It’ll bring out the green and make it look lovely :)

posted about 2 years ago

renate
Style_council
renate

I’d go with a nude top, something near to your skin color. comfy sandals, so you can make it through these hot days and a bottle of water and lemon, mm!

posted about 2 years ago

itshayliebrooke
Style_council
itshayliebrooke

I agree with pretty much everyone, go neutral! It’s your best choice if you don’t want to be too bright and colorful :)

posted about 2 years ago

Aparajita
Style_council
Aparajita

1) Pick the purple from the skirt and wear it on top. Opt for additional feminine details on top such as ruffles, lace.
2) Pair with a top in a mint from the skirt. Try a trend like sheer on top.

posted about 2 years ago

rosalindamorente
New_user rosalindamorente is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When rosalindamorente reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
rosalindamor...

since it’s a maxi dress, and as you said its already loud try using simple fashion jewelry, an earring would do, a cuff bracelet is also nice, i don’t recommend a necklace.

posted about 2 years ago

F4SHI0N
Style_council
F4SHI0N

Black crop top!

posted about 2 years ago

doughreese
New_user doughreese is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When doughreese reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
doughreese

wear something white with it. you could either choose between white spaghetti straps or white baby tee and make sure they’re plain. top it with some chunky or tribalish necklace to keep it cool. don’t forget the importance of accentuating with fashion jewelries. :)

posted about 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION