SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Umby
Style_council
Umby

Hey guys,
I totally love the look of outfits that involve BELTS!!! They pull any outfit together and, to me, scream instant CHIC!!!

But I’m kind of an idiot when it comes to them. Do you guys have any insight on what types of belts work with skirts, shorts, and dresses…? Do you have favorite brands or colors? Do you prefer thick or thin

I’m carrying a bit of extra weight around my belly right now, so maybe someone can shed some light on what might make me look a bit slimmer. THANK YOU!!!

posted almost 5 years ago
emmyb87
Style_council
emmyb87

waist clinch belt but not too tight just below the empire line will disguise a stomach but also enhance your clevage when wearing dress and skirts you can wear belts on your hips as this will also destract attention away from the stomach area.

Tashhh
Style_council
Tashhh

The two belts I own that get the most wear and black, white and blue. The black and white themselves can match with anything I own, then I throw in the blue sometimes if an outfit needs more colour. So basically, I think you should start out with two neutrals and one brighter colour.
If you’re worried about your stomach, thicker belts would be better. Sometimes if you sit down, skinny belts can cause more rolls (even if you have a smaller stomach) which is kinda annoying or they won’t cover the whole elastic of a skirt if you’re wearing one. Plus the skinny belts make everything else look bigger in comparison.
If you’re wearing a dress, I would say place the belt just under your bust or or waist depending on which looks best with the dress. For skirts and shorts it’s kinda obvious that you would wear the belt at the top where the material ends. :P I’m not sure about wearing the belt on your hips, since you want to accentuate the smallest part of your body and generally the hips are the biggest.

REPLY TO DISCUSSION