Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
monchere
Style_council
monchere

I finally found a lightweight, kind of sheer, white button down without pockets on the chest! But it gapes a bit because of my big chest. Should I wear a tank under it or not? It’s sheer enough that you can see the tank under it.

Also, should I tuck it in? It’s blouse-y, but at the same time, it’s not. I’ll take a picture if needed.

I’m thinking of wearing it with jeans, regular denim and colored denim, if I get some, and maxiskirts. I only have a black maxi as of now, but I may get colorful maxis in the future. What accessories and shoes do you think would help portray a chic, but fun style?

Thanks in advance for the suggestions.

posted over 2 years ago
coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

I’d probably wear a singlet underneath if it’s sheer enough to see your bra! You could try buying some little snap fasteners that you can sew to your shirt between the buttons to stop it from gaping. That happens to me a lot too!
If it’s the white shirt from your chicblog photo, I think it looks good either tucked in or not if you’re wearing skinny jeans or shorts. But I think it would look better tucked in if you’re wearing a skirt.
I think it would look really good matched with a coloured or patterned skirt.
I like these looks:
you could wear it with lace up boots, patterned skirt and black jacket for a rock look like this
with a maxi skirt, sandals and headscarf like this
with coloured jeans, a hat and booties like this
half tucked into shorts with flats and a cross body bag- perfect weekend look- like this
you can also always just pop on pieces like a trenchcoat, fedora, chunky bangles, a bold statement necklace, oxfords and it’ll look good… a white shirt is really like a blank canvas! Hope that helped a bit :)

posted over 2 years ago

monchere
Style_council
monchere

Thank you so much! It helped a lot! I will definitely be using your suggestions.

posted over 2 years ago

BowsandGlitterxo
Style_council
BowsandGlitt...

great ideas coldlight!
you can always keep it open with a detailed top under it
or tie it for a crop top look

posted over 2 years ago

monchere
Style_council
monchere

That is true. Keep your eyes out for new looks with the shirt.

posted over 2 years ago

akbay
Style_council
akbay

I agree with Coldlight, little snaps between the buttons don’t show but will avoid any gapping problems. Wearing a button-down untucked can give you a nice relaxed look. While tucking it in can give a more tailored look. I like wearing button-downs with skirts for a preppy look. A good white blouse is a good staple to have in your closet as it can be worn so many ways.

posted over 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION