SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Tanyar123
Style_council
Tanyar123

Hello everyone,
I am not sure if I posted this in the right section but I need some advice as I really need a sequin cardigan. I cannot find one that I like in shops so I want to make one myself.

I have a grey cardigan that I want to be covered in sequins but with little experience with projects. I really don’t know weather to use sequin fabric(I heard it is hard to sew onto it),single sequins(it will take me forever to sew one sequin on at a time).

I just really need advice from someone with experience. do you have any suggestions on the best way to cover all of my cardigan in sequins?

Thanks.

posted almost 4 years ago
becalala
Style_council
becalala

i would suggest using fishing wire to sew the sequins with because it is much sturdier than cotton thread.

raapunzel
Style_council
raapunzel

you can buy sequins that are already strung on thread, like a spool full of it. it would be considered trim i think, in that section of a fabric store. but im not sure how that would turn out overall on your cardigan.
i would suggest getting some of that and laying it out all together to see how it looks, and then maybe sew or glue it on ….?

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

I think it would be easiest to buy sequin covered fabric. It’s definitely more difficult to use the sewing machine with sequin fabric but it is possible. You just have to be careful and do it slowly. (I’ve had to hem a sequin jacket before with a sewing machine and it took awhile!)
but I think it would take far too long to sew the sequins on one at a time if you want the whole thing to be covered! You could always try gluing the sequins on instead but i’m not sure what it would look like or how long it would last!

REPLY TO DISCUSSION