Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
urbanista911
Style_council
urbanista911

I personally LOVE wearing shoulder padded blazers and tops from thrift stores and some from my mom’s old clothes. But some people disagree, what do you guys think?

posted over 2 years ago
BleakandWet
Style_council
BleakandWet

i think shoulder pads look great on clothes that are meant to have pads – such as blazers. But when you start seeing them on dresses and hoodies (yes, I have one from my aunt) it kind of makes you cringe and stay away from them.

posted over 2 years ago

cutiepie63
Style_council
cutiepie63

Shoulder pads look good on blazers and a few other things, but overall no. Depending on the body type, it can look manly. With pretty, dainty clothing I would say it’s almost always a no.

posted over 2 years ago

TheresaPaquette
Style_council
TheresaPaquette

I love shoulder pads! Besides hoodies, I think as long as it works with the sihlouette, they’re great. They definitely help to create an inverted triangle of the torso, which is something lots of women desire.

posted over 2 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

I already have prominent shoulders compared to my waist, so for something like a blazer that doesn’t cinch at the waist, I just get a manly triangle-figure lol.

posted over 2 years ago

urbanista911
Style_council
urbanista911

Wow, I never knew they had shoulder pads on hoodies… Oh my.

posted over 2 years ago

teesangization
Style_council
teesangization

i like them but my shoulders are already broad so it just makes me look awkward.

posted over 2 years ago

fashion_nerd
Style_council
fashion_nerd

This is a fantastic topic, but is better suited for the Ready to Wear forum, where Chictopians can discuss our personal style, wardrobes and what inspires us. The Ask A Stylist board is for asking advice on how to wear or style a certain trend or item. Please be sure to post topics like this there next time! Thank you! :)

posted over 2 years ago

canyoupasstheglitter
Style_council
canyoupassth...

I think padded shoulders look good on blazers and only for people who want to define their shoulders. I already have prominent shoulders so i avoid anything padded shoulders.

posted over 2 years ago

obsessed1302
Style_council
obsessed1302

I hear shoulder pads are back or coming back but I personally don’t like them. But, if you like them that is all that matters… :)

posted over 2 years ago

catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

They work on some people, but I look awful in them! haha I always have to cut them out

posted over 2 years ago

Style4TheCamera
Style_council
Style4TheCamera

I think it can look okay with some items, but for the most part, I remove them. It’s too much going on up top with my bigger bust.

posted over 2 years ago

EsmeRose
Style_council
EsmeRose

Personally, I absolutely adore shoulder pads and have got several blazer/jackets of my own. I think that it depends on your body shape whether you wear them or not, though I have quite broad shoulders and just wear them with a skirt that really kicks out to balance out my figure! Xx <3

posted over 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION