Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
sundaysecrets
Style_council
sundaysecrets

I’m debating whether or not I should stud the heck out of this bag Alexander Wang Coco/Rocco style because it’s a woven leather bag… I really want to do this DIY on a bag, but I’m not sure if woven leather + gold studs on the bottom = too much??

The bag is from Steven Madden (Blatice in Black):
http://www.stevemadden.com/item.aspx?id=55688

Here’s the DIY post from Park & Cube:
http://www.parkandcube.com/?p=806

Thoughts?!?! If it’s too much then I’m probably gonna search for another bag to do this to. Thanks!

posted over 3 years ago
MissSmile1423
Style_council
MissSmile1423

It could turn out good, or it could turn out bad. Personally, I’d be scared out of my mind that I’d mess it up, but if you really want to, you should.

posted over 3 years ago

magali
Style_council
magali

Personally I wouldn’t cause I’m not that good. But if you feel confident, go for it!

posted over 3 years ago

KellyJoy
Style_council
KellyJoy

I would do it. As long as you’re not spending a lot of money on the bag, it’s worth the try. I did it on a thrifted leather bag and it turned out fine. Just take your time doing it and it should come out good.

posted over 3 years ago

becalala
Style_council
becalala

I don’t think the woven pattern in the leather would look good with studs. The pattern is nice enough on it’s own, studs would be too much.

posted over 3 years ago

boredstephanie
Style_council
boredstephanie

If you really like it, go for it! but not on an expensive bag in case you mess up. I personally don’t like the alexander wang bag that much to begin with

posted over 3 years ago

xanjelix
Style_council
xanjelix

better do a trial first

posted over 3 years ago

eudaemonic
Style_council
eudaemonic

yeah I would say like… glue stick them on first and see if it looks good before you poke holes. if not, glue sticks are totally washable.

posted over 3 years ago

Daladoir
Style_council
Daladoir

Well if you know what you’re doing, go for it.

Although if you’ve never done anything like it before, I’d practice on something else first.

posted over 3 years ago

sundaysecrets
Style_council
sundaysecrets

Thanks guys! I’ve studded jeans & vests before, but NEVER on leather… poking holes in leather does scare me so I probably might do the gluing thing on first to see if I like it. If I really get it done then I’ll prob post a picture up :) Thanks again everyonee

posted over 3 years ago

lucyplease
Style_council
lucyplease

NOOOOO! I mean, it is Alexander Wang, girl! I say that if you really, really, really want to, go for it! But if you are feeling a little risky, then don’t, because you could ruin it.

Is there someone professional that could do it, so nothing happens to it?

posted over 3 years ago

pandaphilia
Style_council
pandaphilia

go for it! make sure the material is sturdy enough

posted over 3 years ago

cutiepie63
Style_council
cutiepie63

I wouldn’t do it on a woven bag. And do it on a cheaper bag first. No more than $40, or do it to an old bag you don’t like as much. That way if you mess up you won’t feel so stupid.

posted over 3 years ago

Lollidella
Style_council
Lollidella

I would do it on an old or cheap bag before venturing on. I’ve learned from experience that even the best/most practiced (in theory) plans end up going haywire on the first few tries. Also, it would be good to know what you’re going to do as much as you can beforehand if you decide to do it. Sketch out a simple diagram, even if you’re following the tutorial to the letter. It helps to work through the process before starting, even if it’s just on paper. (Or do whatever you want, writing works too. I’m an art student so I live and breathe sketching and it works for me.)

posted over 3 years ago

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

You should definitely try it! I agree that you should try on an old/cheap bag before buying a brand new one like the one you linked- just in case it goes wrong or you decide you don’t like it!! However personally I would try it on a bag that is plain, not woven. would love to see how it turns out!

posted over 3 years ago

chicchica_bonita
New_user chicchica_bonita is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When chicchica_bonita reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
chicchica_bo...

I agree with everyone else, thrift a trial bag, if you find yourself skillfull and you really love it, go for it!

posted over 3 years ago

nidedia
Style_council
nidedia

i think you should go for it! its going to look great but practice on a clutch or wallet first.. its going to look fab (:

posted about 3 years ago

crystaldots
Style_council
crystaldots

I think if you think you could do a good job and you’ve had experience, then do it – but if it’s your first time, I say hold out firrst! Personally, I wouldn’t because I am not crafty! ; p hehe.

posted about 3 years ago

iilinca
New_user iilinca is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When iilinca reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
iilinca

if u really have doubts.. wait it out until you get bored of the purse.. and once its about to go into the abyss of your closet.. stud it up

posted about 3 years ago

Metric
Style_council
Metric

I’d be too scared! How did it go?

posted about 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION