Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
blueviolet725
Style_council
blueviolet725

Just saw a friend wearing short shorts and paterned stockings. I thought she looked like she was “working”. is there a way this look can be good?

posted about 3 years ago
MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

I think it depends on the pattern of the stockings and what else you’re wearing. If it’s fishnets with short shorts and high heels, yeah, you’re probably pushing it. But tights with polka dots, bows, or really vibrant patterns (colorful swirls, printed images, etc) aren’t overtly sexy. They call attention from people, but it’s more attention to the clothes than the body.

I think it’s “safest” to wear flat shoes (flats, boots, etc) or low heels with shorts and stockings, but there are certainly girls who make it tasteful with high heels. Again, depends on all the factors combined.

posted about 3 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

depends on the person and how they style, not the clothes themselves—if they can’t pull it off right, they can’t pull it off right. I know a lot of people who wear that and make it look cute and chic; there are many ways it can look good, but also many ways it can look bad.

posted about 3 years ago

staystitching
Style_council
staystitching

i concur with the previous posts.
As long as its done tastefully
Leave the hooker heels at home
pair it with some cute tasteful not trashy shorts
maybe even a nice sun hat

posted about 3 years ago

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

I wear shorts and patterned tights all the time, I don’t think I look trashy in them or anything! Like the others have said, it all depends on the type of shorts, stockings and shoes. Would probably stay away from fishnet stockings! No tight short shorts either, it looks good if you wear tights with denim shorts, high waisted shorts, culottes, paper bag shorts etc. You most likely wouldn’t be in skanky territory if you were wearing flats or flat boots! Chunky heels or wedges, eg like oxfords, would look more appropriate than stiletto pumps.

posted about 3 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION