Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
New_user 105047 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 105047 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

I personally think they make the most hideous outfits, especially when using Soffe shorts! They just look… either trashy or like a 5 year old. I see quite a few people doing this and it makes me want to ask them why they can’t just throw on a damn pair of pants! But… I’m willing to reconsider. Anyone have some cute and classy ways to wear them?

posted over 4 years ago
splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

I’ve seen it look both good and bad. It depends on how the look is styled. Personally though I only like tights under shorts, leggings are a bit thick and most of the time it loks awkward.

posted over 4 years ago

FrivolousDistinction
Style_council
FrivolousDis...

I agree with splashofcolour above. I know it’s a no-no for some people, but I wear shorts over tights quite often. Thinking back on it, it’s been something of a signature for 15 years or so without me really noticing. When I was a kid (10 or so) the shorts would be longer and I’d wear them with ankle boots and a newsboy cap – kind of…urchin chic, if you will. While I’d like to think my style has moved on a bit, I still think that can look good, and longer shorts can look amazing with heeled courts, shoe-boots or ankle boots, with sheer patterned tights for evening and opaque for day. So called “city shorts” as part of a suit in place of a skirt or trousers can be great.

I wear short shorts and opaque tights with tunics/floaty tops or a roomy, cosy sweater and knee high boots.

posted over 4 years ago

hii_live
Style_council
hii_live

Polyvore — How-to-wear-leggings-with-shorts

I made you a polyvore set :D

Think rompers!

posted over 4 years ago

angienatalie
Style_council
angienatalie

I think that it looks trashy if worn with a pair of those incredibly opaque leggings. I however do not think it would look so bad if they are worn with the right pair of tights. I just think that tights aren’t such a strong look. They don’t distract you from the shorts like leggings, they are kinda see-through so they add a little something extra. (: Oh, yes. And rompers, as hii_live said are also good paired with sheer tights.

posted over 4 years ago

Lizzeth
Style_council
Lizzeth

I often wear tights/leggings with soffes only because Im a dancer and thats just a common outfit to practice in. I have a pair of pink shorts(real shorts not soffes) that look adorable with black opaque tights. I think it just has to be the right kind of shorts/tights combo. I would never wear my soffe shorts with leggings in public!

posted over 4 years ago

ForeverTheSickestKid
Style_council
ForeverTheSi...

I have to agree…they’re pretty bad with soffes. That said, they do have the ability to look quite nice with tights, or even leggings when they’re in the right style. If you want your look to be classier, the shorts shouldn’t be too tight or short- try tweed or wool? Personally, I find that the denim short-short over tights is an overdone and overrated look. I own a pair of these and I wear them over sheer or opaque tights all the time.

posted over 4 years ago

BlaqkTongue
Style_council
BlaqkTongue

I never saw anybody wear them with soffes before. I usually wear denim shorts over tights/leggings.

posted over 4 years ago

Mayumi
Style_council
Mayumi

i don’t know what soffes are :S but i wear tights and shorts a lot, especially in winter, you have to in england :) thick grey tights are my favourite<3

posted over 4 years ago

Kristen_Bee
Style_council
Kristen_Bee

Yes, there are many different opinions on this style. The main thing when doing this, you want to avoid tight shorts. I did this one time and i had a pair of loose navy blue shorts and i paired it with some dark grey tights and then some dark brown boots. You can also pair it with some boots that are flats. But i would say no to high heels, because its going to draw a lot of attention to your legs which will make the shorts seem shorter. So as far as shirts, i would wear a tank and then put a blouse on over that and then, a jacket. So basically layer and even layer some necklaces to to give it a little more jazz!
If you have any other questions let me know!

Kristen

posted over 4 years ago

breathexmichaela
Style_council
breathexmich...

I love tights and shorts! Not with soffe’s though, I agree, that looks trashy.

posted over 4 years ago

New_user 105047 is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When 105047 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

Wow- I never knew there were so many different ways to wear them! Up to now, I’ve only seen denim/Soffes paired with them, so that probably has a lot to do with it. But the jumper ideas are really cute! xoxo foreverinlove

posted over 4 years ago

Speedbump
Style_icon
Speedbump

I wear tights with my shorts a lot, actually, and I think it looks great! I think the shorts you’re talking about are exercise pants (?) whereas mine are wool shorts, which I think pair a lot better with tights. I’ve also seen jean shorts with tights, but I personally don’t think that looks good unless the denim is very dark.

I agree with the above comment that you should probably go with a loose-fitting short, possibly cuffed. Those shorts are generally more flattering anyways (in my opinion)

I wouldn’t wear leggings with shorts, since that would be cutting your leg off in two places and will definitely make your legs look shorter/larger, which is very unflattering except for the most lithe of people.

posted over 4 years ago

DemriPetersen
New_user DemriPetersen is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When DemriPetersen reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
DemriPetersen

A way i find is cute wearing them, as a teenager many people wear just regular jean shorts maybe from Von-Maur or something, then put them over some black leggings. My Black Leggings have see through lace up the side so that is also a great touch. I actually found those leggings in the Miley Cyrus collection. I think it looks stunning as well as my peers.

posted over 3 years ago

coraline
New_user coraline is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When coraline reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
coraline

I love the shorts with tights look (not soffee or leggings though). Unfortunately I’m not sure how to pull the look off myself. I’m pretty ‘average’ size however my legs are quite curvy. Any tips on how someone like myself could wear this look I would love to hear about it!

I’m in Ireland and that look is pretty popular, but over here if you want to wear shorts you need something under, even in the summer. However I do think it’s a hard look to pull off and I’ve seen it look trashy more than I’ve seen it looking good.

posted over 3 years ago

MiuSan
Style_council
MiuSan

Sometimes I do wonder about those girls with the really opaque tights and shorts that match, like why not wear pants? lol.
They look awful.

And also if the shorts are very fitted I don’t think they look as good. God awful.

posted over 3 years ago

patlaenz
Style_council
patlaenz

no,it s over,move on….never look good

posted over 3 years ago

The_Perfect_Jeans
Style_council
The_Perfect_...

I thought I’d try the denim shorts over tights look one day.. I never made it out of my closet. I just couldn’t get past how much shorter and stockier I looked! I think I like the idea in theory, it just isn’t for me.

posted over 3 years ago

aleez816
Style_council
aleez816

It really depends. If it’s denim or tweed shorts, it could work, but soffes??
It seems like like a bit tacky to me. Everyone’s opinion is different, but to me, denim shorts with tights work best. :D

posted over 3 years ago

MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

Initially I thought this look was kind of ridiculous. I first saw it in Japan and thought to myself, “That would never come to the US.” Less than a year later, I saw the wool shorts specifically meant for being worn with tights being sold in H&M and Forever21 and was like Nooooooo!

But it’s grown on me. It really depends on the style and material of the shorts, how they’re styled with the rest of the outfit, and how well they suit the person’s body. I think structured shorts, especially in sturdy fabrics like wool, tweed, etc, look fine with tights. But you can’t just wear any shorts. Gym shorts, soffes, whatever you call them— definite no, unless you’re a dancer or a runner trying to keep warm. I’m not even a big fan of denim over tights, but some people do it well so it’s growing on me.

posted over 3 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION