Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Lambs
Style_council
Lambs

Am I the only one that doesn’t really wear boots?

I’m seriously a flats-all-year-round type of gal, so during the winter I tend to wear a lot of dresses and skirts so I can wear tights with my flats and keep my feet warm. However, I also don’t mind wearing pants and flats w/o or with thin socks in the winter because I don’t really have to do that much walking outside.

Does anyone else do this or just me? I see a lot of snarking about this, but I honestly don’t mind, and I hate anything bulky on my feet. What are your thoughts?

posted over 1 year ago
debiparna_c
Style_council
debiparna_c

i think it very much depends on where you live.i have worn boots and moccasin pumps with or w/o socks throughout this winter..i avoid open shoes though.

posted over 1 year ago

LittleBee
Forum_moderator
LittleBee

You shouldn’t worry about what other people think. As long as you’re feel warm and comfortable, you should stick to whatever you think looks best on you. I think oxford shoes are a great option for winter shoes.

posted over 1 year ago

kanikarai
New_user kanikarai is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When kanikarai reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
kanikarai

Ugg boots are the best choice for winter.It keep your feet cozy and comfortable.

posted over 1 year ago

FakeBlikeu
Style_council
FakeBlikeu

I agree that it depends a lot on the area you are living. I live in a country with a lot of snow and it’s just so cold that I don’t have a choice. I got to wear boots and sometimes even bigger shoes.

posted over 1 year ago

Chicyoyo
Style_council
Chicyoyo

true, the first important thing comes before fashion is your health, don’t risk it. however, wear a high boots can always help if you prefer shorter dresses in winter, plus put a big coat outside, then you are set.

posted over 1 year ago

hictedy
New_user hictedy is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When hictedy reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
hictedy

i agree it really depends on where you live and the weather there. these days my feet would freeze or i would be slipping on ice if i wore flats. but then i see other women here wear flats and killer heels in this weather and if that works for them, why not?

posted over 1 year ago

BeckyBedbug
Style_council
BeckyBedbug

I can’t wear boots. I have big calves and they never fit me!

I just wear ballet pumps with a couple of pairs of tights layered.

posted over 1 year ago

AksharTroublesome
Style_council
AksharTroubl...

eehh, this winter caught me really unprepared.. i have a single pair of boots (cowboy style >>, but who cares) but im more likely to wear my converse instead with thick socks (but of course, i wont be wearing skirts as im a guy, lol) luckily, the snow didnt last for too long here, and i hope it doesnt return.

posted over 1 year ago

marushka
Style_council
marushka

I do the same thing – wear summer sandals with layered tights/knee socks. I’m in New England, and I haven’t frozen yet!

posted over 1 year ago

lindajudour
Style_council
lindajudour

For me, it all depends on my mood and based on the outfit I’m wearing. I’m also the type to wear flats in the winter on occasional days just because I think certain outfits look better with flats.

posted over 1 year ago

CiaraBaron
Style_council
CiaraBaron

I’m the opposite, I wear boots all year round!

posted over 1 year ago

Roxx
Style_council
Roxx

You’re lucky you don’t live in Romania then. Our winters are really cold, with alot of snow. I stopped wearing flats since the middle of fall.

posted over 1 year ago

nerey
Style_council
nerey

lucky girl…. in Germany there´s no way to waer flats or heels during winter….

posted about 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION