Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
VanessaRose
Style_council
VanessaRose

I have a pair of leather-look leggings that I rarely wear but would like to incorporate into my daily looks more often. But are shiny pants appropriate when you work in an office? Granted, I work in a fairly creative environment with a casual dress code but I do work alongside suits. How can I pull off leather leggings at work?
http://www.americanapparel.net/morephotos/rsac306/rsac306_01.jpg

posted over 4 years ago
browneyes
Style_council
browneyes

I don’t think they’re inappropriate, just try to wear white and other lighter colors to make it look more casual.

posted over 4 years ago

pyrofina
Style_council
pyrofina

yeah, i don’t think their appropriate either, and some may view them as distracting from work

posted about 4 years ago

MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

My instinct is that they’re inappropriate. I generally steer away from things which are shiny or glittery for work. Add the skintight element and it seems like it would be extra difficult to pull off in an office. Shiny leggings tend to be seen as very trendy, kind of clubwear-ish. Even if no one actually says anything and you don’t get into trouble, it’s likely people will frown on it or question your professionalism.

That said, I don’t know what outfits your colleagues are wearing (besides the suits), so maybe it wouldn’t be too out-there for your workplace. For instance, if others are regular wearing other skintight or shiny garments, then taking one step more into shiny leggings might not be such a risk. But I would still take care to be as conservative with the rest of your outfit as possible; be sure your crotch and the curve of your butt is covered and the rest of the outfit is not too skintight or revealing.

posted about 4 years ago

chicchica_bonita
New_user chicchica_bonita is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When chicchica_bonita reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
chicchica_bo...

i wouldn’t go for it…unless offered a day wherein one can wear such a thing…i would say no…there’s really no way to wear them in a way that could be acceptable in an office, even a creative environment… :\

posted about 4 years ago

JenniW
Style_council
JenniW

I work in a fairly similar work place and gave worn my black ‘leather’ leggings successfully! I paired them with a long nautical striped tunic with a boyfriend cardigan and basic suede flats. I’ve also worn them with basic sweater dresses in jewel colors. I like to mix them with different textures to take the shiny factor down. As long as the rest of ur outfit is muted and classic I think you,ll be just fine (and fashionable!!)

posted about 4 years ago

taralily
Style_council
taralily

Honestly, I’d advise against it. Those look more suited for the night life activities, not work. Even if you do pair it with other “work-friendly” clothes I still don’t think it’s for the office.

posted about 4 years ago

maliamazing
Style_council
maliamazing

well idk if leggings are appropriate for work in an office but you can try wearing a kind of long top and a blazer

posted about 4 years ago

MGNSPR
Style_council
MGNSPR

I wear my leather-like leggings to work quite often with tunics/dresses but they are down played so the look doesnt scream club attire. I mean my work environment is a department store but I am an assistant visual manager so I do get a lot of breathing room since I’m not held to many standards the associates are. However I live in the executive office and have never had any conversations about them being inappropriate. In fact during one of our big visits one of the district members complimented me. I just think that if the office is casual and you wear an appropriate top you will be fine.

posted about 4 years ago

pandaphilia
Style_council
pandaphilia

Black leggings are safest at the workplace, in my opinion.

posted about 4 years ago

ohsoflyy
Style_council
ohsoflyy

i’ve worn them to work before….and im a receptionist. I think its just about how you style it. Maybe match it with a blazer and wear flat shoes instead of pumps so it wont be too sexy haha good luck

posted about 4 years ago

ladidadi
Style_council
ladidadi

Wear longer shirts with them and tone down the top by adding a structured blazer and you should be fine since you’re in a creative environment.

posted about 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION