Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
ForeverTheSickestKid
Style_council
ForeverTheSi...

My school is having a semi formal (which I will most likely be attending?) and I have NO. and i mean NO. idea of what the idea of “semi” formal means. My friends say cocktail dresses, I say, can’t I please punk something up?
I favour blacks, or grays (neutrals will do. OR an lbd) and I will most likely want to wear tights. At a short 5 ft 1, the dress will most likely be above the knee. I’d like to wear a pair of strappy silver sandals I have, but am also open to new footwear options. I really like Alexander Wang, Isabelle Marant and Erin Wasson’s styles- how would I describe that?
SO. The real question. Any ideas on what style of dress I can get?

posted over 5 years ago
Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

Cocktail dresses are pretty popular for semiformals, especially the super shiny glittery ones. They tend to look the same. Wearing tights would be different from what people at my school would wear, so go for that :D I can’t really help you with what style, sorry, but I was looking at your outfits and I’m sure you’ll come up with something interesting.

posted over 5 years ago

MissRoLL
Style_council
MissRoLL

for me, semi formal dress is must-have item…
why???
1. it can be worn for hanging out
2. it can be worn for dating
3. it can be worn for informal party
4. it can be mixed w/ other fashion stuffs

posted over 5 years ago

splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

I think if you want to punk it up a bit, go ahead. I wouldn’t go too far with the punk look, but a bit shouldn’t be a problem to do it a little.
I think a lace dress or a lbd with a netted underskirt would be nice and would slightly edge towards the punk look you want.
Maybe something like this (if there is anything similar in american stores): http://www.newlook.co.uk/1545000/154500009/Prod…
it would look great with tights and you could add some accessories to punk it up more.

posted over 5 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION