Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
tatendandove
Style_council
tatendandove

When it comes to silver and gold jewellery,i have heard different opinions the most outstanding being that you cannot mix the two.later i read that you can mix ,really can you or can you not?

posted about 3 years ago
Dreamlander
Style_council
Dreamlander

I think in some cases you can. But you gotta be really careful. I think in the end it really depends on how you feel about it. I heard no ‘official’ statement. :)

posted about 3 years ago

frictioninyourjeans
Style_council
frictioninyo...

I think it works well as long as one doesn’t over power the other. I like to mix silver with the rose gold. Looks awesome in my opinion.

posted about 3 years ago

LindseyMermaid
Style_council
LindseyMermaid

i think you definitely can. just try to look up examples of how to do it if you don’t quite have a clue :) keep it light and at an even ratio.

posted about 3 years ago

tatendandove
Style_council
tatendandove

I will look up most of the things that you guys told me, really meaningful stuff.i have been able to see a great mix of the two,so in a way it had never made sense that others say its a complete nono!so in a way its all about how you do it.

posted about 3 years ago

Chris213
Style_council
Chris213

I think you can as long as everything blends together really well.

posted about 3 years ago

BowsandGlitterxo
Style_council
BowsandGlitt...

you def can ! as long as its equally balanced. if you need help on ideas they already sell chain necklaces that mix the two flawlessly

posted about 3 years ago

Polly_Nirvana
Style_council
Polly_Nirvana

I definitely think you can, just keep the jewelry itself more simple and it blends perfectly

posted about 3 years ago

kwestervelt
Style_council
kwestervelt

of course it can

posted about 3 years ago

citysleek
Style_council
citysleek

It works, but when you mix the two, I always make sure to have a touch of each color in other parts of my outfit. For example, wearing a gold and a silver necklace would mean I would wear shoes with a gold buckle and maybe a silver bracelet. That way, it seems more coordinating.

posted about 3 years ago

patlaenz
Style_council
patlaenz

if the pieces are too shinny mmm i wouldnt.it looks good for example silver in one wrist and gold in the other

posted about 3 years ago

glintandgleam
New_user glintandgleam is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When glintandgleam reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
glintandgleam

Definitely! Mixed metal jewelry is really big right now too. If you have one mixed metal piece, then you can build the rest of your outfit around it.

posted about 3 years ago

gstyle
Style_council
gstyle

depends on the items in question,really

posted about 3 years ago

priscillaraq
Style_council
priscillaraq

It really depends on what pieces you use together. I think that if the colors of the gold and silver were more soft instead of really gold and really silver, then it’s okay because they become a bit neutral.

posted about 3 years ago

Ykx
Style_council
Ykx

hmm… it depends .. but i prefer gold over silver :p not the bright bold gold, but the ones that look ‘rusty’/ old/antique .. don’t really know a word for it :p but you know wht i mean

posted about 3 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION