Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
TheyCallMeLauren
Style_council
TheyCallMeLa...

Okay, so on this website I see photos of everyday outfits with high heals for footwear. I am a high school sophomore, and I’m wondering if high heals would be appropriate to wear to school, with the right outfit, of course. Or should I just stick to flats, sandals, and sneakers?

posted over 4 years ago
priya2216
Style_council
priya2216

I say go for it! I’m a junior in high school and I was wondering the same thing last week. I wore my kitten heels last Friday with jeans and a casual top and no one looked at me weird or asked why I was wearing them. If you usually dress up a little for school sometimes anyways, no one will notice! Wear what you want!

posted over 4 years ago

TheyCallMeLauren
Style_council
TheyCallMeLa...

i was also wondering which outfits would heals be good to wear with and which ones would look better wearing flats?

posted over 4 years ago

priya2216
Style_council
priya2216

If you don’t want to seem too dressed up while wearing heels, or feel self-conscious in them, I would say keep the flats for dresses and skirts. Wear your heels with jeans, capris, and shorts (your legs will seem super long) and a casual tee.

If you don’t mind if you seem a little dressed up, wear them with a floral skirt or a denim skirt and pair it with a simple top. Or you can go the other way around with jeans or casual bottom and a fancier top!

posted over 4 years ago

MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

I agree with priya2216 about keeping it subtle and casual with jeans, capris, and lower heels, with the occasional foray into dressy territory when you feel up for attention.

I just have one exception: I don’t recommend wearing short shorts and heels to school. It’s not a bad look, in fact it’s downright hot— and that’s why it won’t fly at school. While teachers will usually overlook dress-code-breaking shorts if you’re being subtle about it, if you’re showing a yard of bare leg they can’t exactly look the other way. If your dress code is really lax and other students do it all the time maybe it’s fine, but I know at my high school with our “fingertip length” shorts rule it would have been a really bad idea. When you’ve got other places to wear an outfit, no sense getting in trouble just to wear it to school.

posted over 4 years ago

Cigsanddigs
Style_council
Cigsanddigs

nothing wrong with wearing heels to school! i wore heels in middle school! lol. just make sure you pair them with the right things. dresses might look a little too dressy but if thats the look your going for, go for it!

posted over 4 years ago

chicchica_bonita
New_user chicchica_bonita is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When chicchica_bonita reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
chicchica_bo...

at my school, heels are nothing new. in fact, people expect it from me lol. They’re always asking me what i’m wearing etc. maybe its cuz my stuff is a lil outlandish to them, but i’m a bit of a phenominon, and honestly, any girl looks good in heels!

posted over 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION