Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
contemporarity
Style_council
contemporarity

I have a pair of slightly-too-big, gently used white 1460 Doc Martens boots that I thought looked cool in white, but turned out to be a regrettable purchase, as they don’t go with anything I own and they make my feet look big.

I’m wondering if anyone has ever used shoe polish or Sharpie or paint or dye or ANYTHING on white leather, and how difficult and/or effective it is.
Can a cobbler do it? And for about how much?

Am I better off trying to sell my OK condition white ones and just getting a new pair in black? I’m extremely short on money. :(

Any experience or tips you have are appreciated! Thanks!

posted over 2 years ago
Dreamlander
Style_council
Dreamlander

Are you sure you want them black? There are so many other solutions! I saw a girl who diyed them with newspaper… No idea how she did that but it looked awesome… Anyway, check on google and you’ll find lots of DIY ideas.

posted over 2 years ago

ila23
Style_icon
ila23

If you aren’t really hyped on doing it yourself, you can take them to soemaker and ask if he has good tips, that probably also the place where you can buy good quality coloring which is recomanded by a professional. I did something similar with a pair of ballerinas (just shade altering) and they turned out great….So talk to a professional before you do it is my advice. Good luck!

posted over 2 years ago

amorphous_face
Style_council
amorphous_face

Yes a cobbler can dye leather black. Oh and as far as Dreamlander was talking, people use Mod Podge to DIY there shoes with glitter, newspaper or lace.

posted over 1 year ago

Umbrellastripes
Style_council
Umbrellastripes

I had a pair of white doc martins and I spray painted them black. I only wore them a couple times though and ended up giving them to my cousin so I don’t know how they look now. I thought it looked pretty cool though and I used an indoor/outdoor spray paint meant for all surfaces.

posted over 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION