Twitter
Googleplus
gabyrella
New_user gabyrella is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When gabyrella reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
gabyrella

So, I recently I bought a really cute polka dot top for a formal even we’re having this Sunday. It’s nude colored with purple polka dots (Click here to see it.). I like the simplicity of the design and the way it looks on my body, but I’m not sure what jewelry would work well with it.

I plan on wearing a skinny belt on it over a black pencil skirt with nude heels with a chunky wedge. What would look good with it?

posted over 2 years ago
kat_mauvais
Style_council
kat_mauvais

I’m wearing something like that right now! I’m wearing light blue slim jeans and a gold-ish pair of wedges. …wow, I need to read posts all the way through before commenting. You’re asking about jewelry. Well, I think a couple of chunky bracelets and either a simple purple necklace or headband would do the trick. If you’re bold, put a purple flower in your hair!

http://www.tallblondeartist.com

posted over 2 years ago

catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

Right now, I’m really into stacking bracelets. Blaire from Atlantic-Pacific got me started. She always looks amazing and I love how she accessorizes.

Try going for one metal color first (I think gold would be nice with the purple and nude.) then add a splash of some other color or a neutral, like black (would look great with the black skirt!)

If you feel overwhelmed by all the bling, just wear a nice pair of earrings!

posted over 2 years ago

VanityGal
Shop_seller_2 VanityGal is a Chictopia seller who has been hand-picked by our editors to sell merchandise on our website.

Chictopia sellers carry fashion forward products and ensure great customer experience. Click here if you are interested in selling your merchandise on Chictopia.
VanityGal

since you are bringing a lot of attention to your mid section because of the high waisted skirt, i would say to stay away from the necklace, either go for some bracelets (arm party :) or go for an undo with some beautiful long earrings to glam it up….hope it helps xo

posted over 2 years ago

lu_pe
Style_council
lu_pe

Gold chunky studs or some sort of gold earrings and stacking bracelets! Or you could wear very simple and minimal bracelets and then a statement ring.

posted over 2 years ago

MyAlexasStore
Style_council
MyAlexasStore

I would go with arm candy! A gold cuff and gold earrings.

posted over 2 years ago

F4SHI0N
Style_council
F4SHI0N

that’s dainty and lovely! I actually think a white pencil skirt goes better with the softness of the shirt. I agree about simple jewelry, like a tiny necklace, would look amazing. Nude shoes sound perfect!

posted over 2 years ago

Catherine8023
New_user Catherine8023 is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When Catherine8023 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
Catherine8023

I love the top, lovely! Go with a white or purple pencil skirt, no belt, nude shoes are ok!
And stacking bracelets, tiny necklace, perfect.

posted over 2 years ago

misskon
New_user misskon is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When misskon reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
misskon

Such a cute top, great buy! I agree that a white pencil skirt would be more compatible with the softness of the top. I wouldn’t wear a skinny belt – I think it interferes with the flow of the top, plus, doesn’t seem so comfortable :P

Since it’s a formal event, I’d match this with a simple necklace with a classic diamond pendant, or eye-catching earrings (like diamond, or chandelier type).

Hope this helps!

posted over 2 years ago

jcpenney
Style_council
jcpenney

Love the shirt! A hinged bracelet, a bangled bracelet set, or a gold stretch bracelet will add a nice elegant touch!

posted over 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION