Twitter
Googleplus
gabyrella
New_user gabyrella is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When gabyrella reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
gabyrella

So, I recently I bought a really cute polka dot top for a formal even we’re having this Sunday. It’s nude colored with purple polka dots (Click here to see it.). I like the simplicity of the design and the way it looks on my body, but I’m not sure what jewelry would work well with it.

I plan on wearing a skinny belt on it over a black pencil skirt with nude heels with a chunky wedge. What would look good with it?

posted about 3 years ago
kat_mauvais
Style_council
kat_mauvais

I’m wearing something like that right now! I’m wearing light blue slim jeans and a gold-ish pair of wedges. …wow, I need to read posts all the way through before commenting. You’re asking about jewelry. Well, I think a couple of chunky bracelets and either a simple purple necklace or headband would do the trick. If you’re bold, put a purple flower in your hair!

http://www.tallblondeartist.com

posted about 3 years ago

catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

Right now, I’m really into stacking bracelets. Blaire from Atlantic-Pacific got me started. She always looks amazing and I love how she accessorizes.

Try going for one metal color first (I think gold would be nice with the purple and nude.) then add a splash of some other color or a neutral, like black (would look great with the black skirt!)

If you feel overwhelmed by all the bling, just wear a nice pair of earrings!

posted about 3 years ago

VanityGal
Style_council
VanityGal

since you are bringing a lot of attention to your mid section because of the high waisted skirt, i would say to stay away from the necklace, either go for some bracelets (arm party :) or go for an undo with some beautiful long earrings to glam it up….hope it helps xo

posted about 3 years ago

lu_pe
Style_council
lu_pe

Gold chunky studs or some sort of gold earrings and stacking bracelets! Or you could wear very simple and minimal bracelets and then a statement ring.

posted about 3 years ago

MyAlexasStore
Style_council
MyAlexasStore

I would go with arm candy! A gold cuff and gold earrings.

posted about 3 years ago

F4SHI0N
Style_council
F4SHI0N

that’s dainty and lovely! I actually think a white pencil skirt goes better with the softness of the shirt. I agree about simple jewelry, like a tiny necklace, would look amazing. Nude shoes sound perfect!

posted about 3 years ago

Catherine8023
New_user Catherine8023 is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When Catherine8023 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
Catherine8023

I love the top, lovely! Go with a white or purple pencil skirt, no belt, nude shoes are ok!
And stacking bracelets, tiny necklace, perfect.

posted about 3 years ago

misskon
New_user misskon is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When misskon reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
misskon

Such a cute top, great buy! I agree that a white pencil skirt would be more compatible with the softness of the top. I wouldn’t wear a skinny belt – I think it interferes with the flow of the top, plus, doesn’t seem so comfortable :P

Since it’s a formal event, I’d match this with a simple necklace with a classic diamond pendant, or eye-catching earrings (like diamond, or chandelier type).

Hope this helps!

posted about 3 years ago

jcpenney
Style_council
jcpenney

Love the shirt! A hinged bracelet, a bangled bracelet set, or a gold stretch bracelet will add a nice elegant touch!

posted almost 3 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION