SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

^LOL

Personally, being pear-shaped, I’m wary of wearing them because they automatically create more volume on the hips, which I don’t need. I think they’re naturally better suited to boyish shapes that would like a little more curve, so while I think they’re a cool look I don’t try to pull them off myself.

However, you might play down the volume the same way you would dressing as a pear-shape in general: balance out the top. Consider pairing pleated pants with shoulder pads, puffed shoulders, or other shoulder details; ruffled tops; cowl necks or necks tied with a bow; or a big scarf bunched around the neck.

posted over 3 years ago
pandaphilia
Style_council
pandaphilia

i think a longer mini-pleat skirt would help lengthen your legs if you wear heels

posted over 3 years ago

boredstephanie
Style_council
boredstephanie

hmm I agree with murasaki but, at least for me, I usually just avoid things that don’t look good with my body shape. For example, I have practically no breasts so I don’t wear strapless dresses and things that dip down so low. It just doesn’t look good on me even though it looks really good on other people. I say, play your strengths.

posted over 3 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION