Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
JaineElizabeth
Style_council
JaineElizabeth

Im pretty tall, 5’8 and Im still in highschool (16). I really love shoes, especially the platforms and pumps everyone else seems to love too. Im just wondering how I should wear them and anyone else who does wear shoes like that. Do you wear them to school? How tall are you? and just advice in general
Thanks! <3>

posted almost 6 years ago
foxhuntvintage
Style_council
foxhuntvintage

i’m the same height – which i don’t consider that tall. or at least, i never feel tall really. I wear heels and don’t think anything of it (my bf, who’s shorter than me anyways, loves it!) so don’t hesitate to grab a cute pair, even if others make remarks (it IS highschool, after all). tall chicks rule, and i bet you’d look smashing in some oxford pumps or whathaveyou.
when i was in (catholic!) high school, i’d wear these loafer-style chunky heels (it was the 90’s) with black tights and the navy kilt we had to wear. but i only really bust out the heels on special occasions now – a bit impractical for art school, plus my knees don’t like prolonged heel-wearing anymore, which i think is due to the fact i wore them everyday for five years. so, if i were to give advice, i would say take it easy on the heels on a daily basis – it’s hard on your body and you want to wear heels when you want for the rest of your life!

frenchieee
Style_council
frenchieee

I’m only 5’4” and also 16 yrs. old. I ADORE platforms and pumps and I get a bit too dressy for school sometimes but I like it. Usually depending on weather I’d wear my heels with shorts or skirts if not a great pair of skinnies. They’re really versatile so you can dress it up or down depending on your mood. (:

nati
Style_council
nati

5’ 7’’, 23 yrs old. love shoes… but i don’t wear heels for college, because I go to an art/design school so I wear them when I go out (at night, or lunch with friends).
I agree with foxhuntvintage, wearing heels on a daily basis it’s hard on your body, that’s why I choose to wear them on special occasions.

JaineElizabeth
Style_council
JaineElizabeth

Thank you so much :)

lulu
Style_council
lulu

Aah Annabel (who is always very sweetly dressed) just wore platforms and she is 5’10”. She is a good example
http://www.chictopia.com/photo/show/14385

SiobhanB
Style_council
SiobhanB

I’m tall. I love platforms, however, I stay away from them because I feel like everyone is looking up my nose.LOL

posted about 3 years ago

sukavati
Style_council
sukavati

I’m 5’7" and I love to wear platforms and pumps, but I don’t wear them to school. I’ll wear them anywhere else, though

posted about 3 years ago

notsohum
Style_council
notsohum

Just wear them, who cares how tall you are if you love them!

posted about 3 years ago

kass858
Style_council
kass858

I am 5’8" I hate to sound self absorbed but I think its the perfect height. Not too tall but still tall. When I was younger I had reservations about heels but I say wear whats cute regardless of how high the platforms!

posted about 3 years ago

lostlittlepuppy
Style_council
lostlittlepuppy

I am 5’8 as well, and 16 :c wear them I wish i can get a pair.

posted about 3 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

imo if you’re in high school, lay off on the huge heels and save them for the weekends. I don’t think I knew anyone in hs who wore like 3+ inch heels. 5’8 isn’t that tall, so you can get away with wearing heels—and even if you were taller, it shouldn’t stop you :) I’m 5’7 and if I’m not wearing flats or flip flops, I’ll wear like a 2-inch heel on a boot or a wedge.

posted about 3 years ago

KarinaaaaG
Style_council
KarinaaaaG

I’m only an inch taller than you and I wear heels that are 3in+ and I don’t care! Don’t let your height discourage you because you have to remember it’s what you wanna do and how you want to dress!(:

posted over 2 years ago

cynchmolina
Style_council
cynchmolina

I’m 5’3" and I wouldn’t wish to be any taller than 5’6"; I don’t think it suits me as much as the height suits other people.

posted over 2 years ago

sofiabythesea
New_user sofiabythesea is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When sofiabythesea reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
sofiabythesea

Wear what you love :)
Platforms look beautiful on long legs! Wear them as high as you want, but if you don’t want to be too tall steer clear of stilettos.
Hope I could help <3

posted over 2 years ago

fashion_nerd
Style_council
fashion_nerd

I say go for it!!! I am 5’7" and I love to wear 4-6" heels. I don’t wear them every day, but often enough that people have frequently remarked on my love of tall heels – and not in a making fun of me way, but an envious of how tall and skinny I look. So bust those platforms and wedges out and rock ‘em like it’s nobody’s business but yours (cuz it isn’t!)!!!

posted over 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION