Twitter
Googleplus
Taima
New_user Taima is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When Taima reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
Taima

Hi, i’m going to a 18th birthday party next weekend and would love your advice on what outfit to where. Both outfits are styled with red heels, red lips and black hotpants – the change is the tops. One would be a white crochet lace crop top, but because of the high waisted hotpants not too much skin is on show. The back of the top is see through lace which adds more drama seeing as the front is quite innocent. The second top i was thinking of was a flowery corset which comes up quite short so more skin is on display. The corset is black with red and blue flowers which goes nicely with the shoes and hotpants. Basically I really like the corset look but the outfit is quite skimpy and I did not want to look like some kind of slut or anything! But saying that my look that night is a “Look what your missing out on” approach…..
I’ll include links for the items im trying to explain all by topshop except the corset was an older buy so i’ll put up a similar lookalike as it is no longer on the site.
Thanks for your opinions girls really appreciate them!
Link: “http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=33057&storeId=12556&productId=2555505&langId=-1&categoryId=&searchTerm=black hotpants&pageSize=20”

Link “http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=33057&storeId=12556&productId=4308624&langId=-1&categoryId=&searchTerm=white lace&pageSize=20”

similar corset --

Link “http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=33057&storeId=12556&productId=4550770&langId=-1&categoryId=&searchTerm=corset&pageSize=20”;

posted over 2 years ago
NowhereGirl
Style_council
NowhereGirl

I really liked the white lace top, I believe that would be really cute. But the flowery one was really cute as well. It sounds like you prefer the black one with flowers, so then I think you should pick that. I don’t think that it will look skimpy at all :D

posted over 2 years ago

priscillaraq
Style_council
priscillaraq

I like the white top! It’s very sexy, but it’s not too much. You won’t look so slutty in that one

posted over 2 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

I like the white top :) the corset is great too, but when worn with the hotpants everything is tight and short (which isn’t necessarily a bad thing haha)

posted over 2 years ago

eucalya
Style_council
eucalya

the white top is really beautiful! you should wear it

posted over 2 years ago

Polly_Nirvana
Style_council
Polly_Nirvana

Like them both, but I think the corset is a better choice. I just think it will look better with red heels and lipstick, like you said. And you will definitely turn heads! The white one in my opinion won’t go as well with your hotpants as the corset top will.

posted over 2 years ago

MGNSPR
Style_council
MGNSPR

I like the balance created with the white top but if you could pair the corset with a bold oversized blazer in one of the colors from the bustier then I would go with that. As for looking slutty, I think it also plays into your personality and how you carry yourself. I am quite sure you do not act like that so instead you will just look amazing in a pair of hot pants…despite what a few jealous onlookers may say..lol

posted over 2 years ago

lilfirecat
New_user lilfirecat is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When lilfirecat reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
lilfirecat

good luck

posted over 2 years ago

catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

Anytime there are hotpants involved there is a lot of skin on show. I like the black and white combo the best. Also, if I were you I would consider choosing between the red lips or the red heels. I think both would be too much red.

posted over 2 years ago

monchere
Style_council
monchere

I’d wear the white top. It offsets the sexiness of the hot pants.

posted over 2 years ago

Koroneska
Style_council
Koroneska

both are pretty but i prefer the white top !

posted over 2 years ago

UniquecStyle
Style_council
UniquecStyle

i like the lace top better. Its really pretty. add some gold accesories & ur good to go (:

posted over 2 years ago

TaniaB
Style_council
TaniaB

definitely the white one:)hope you’ll have fun!

posted over 2 years ago

fashion_nerd
Style_council
fashion_nerd

I say go for the corset, but add a black cardigan or plaid button down (red and black would be best) to keep things covered up (and to keep you warm, just in case it’s chilly). You can always take it off if you want, and it’s a fun way to mix prints.

posted over 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION