Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
New_user 32348 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 32348 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

I’m about 5’ 1" on good days and I always wonder, where are good places to shop? Also, what looks good in terms of jackets, skirts, and dresses?

Most of the time, I can find good tees and boring basics, but what about fun fashions? I’m a size 0 / 00 (or xxs/ xs) petite…some regular size 0 items are too big. Anyone know of stores that carry small sizes or the sizes itself run small? Preferably, affordable places because as much as I like to sew and get things tailored…the costs add up.

The places I usually frequent are forever 21, nordstrom, banana republic, and pacsun.

posted about 5 years ago
thefieldsofelysium
Shop_seller_2 thefieldsofelysium is a Chictopia seller who has been hand-picked by our editors to sell merchandise on our website.

Chictopia sellers carry fashion forward products and ensure great customer experience. Click here if you are interested in selling your merchandise on Chictopia.
thefieldsofe...

I’m the same size! (And I share your pain in trying to find clothes that will fit.) Unfortunately, most jackets/skirts/dresses are structured — I don’t have the bust or hips for them. So I tend to go for body-con and jersey/stretchy-material clothing, if I’m looking for fitted items. H&M Style size 2 body-con dresses fit me perfectly, so that might be something you can check out, if you live near an H&M. (Picture of the dress I bought.) Also, Delia’s size 00 jeans fit great and are offered in different length inseams. (Personally, I find that most stores’ petite sections are pretty useless for our specific size.)

Aside from that, though, I can’t really help — I’ve been searching for years and I still haven’t found a store that caters to the super-petite. The only oxford button-up shirt (like the kind you wear to work) I found that fits is from a department store in China. If you ever get the chance to go to Asia, I say stock up, since petite sizes are generally considered part of the normal size spectrum.

posted about 5 years ago

ClothesHorse
Style_icon
ClothesHorse

ASOS has a great petites section.
If you’re really petite you can always check out the children’s sections…they often have more colorful pieces too. ;)

posted about 5 years ago

New_user 32348 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 32348 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

thanks for the advice. it seems like all the great petite stores are not in america…haha. but it gives me an excuse to travel.

guess my next vacation will have to be asia….a place for fashion and for petites!

posted about 5 years ago

splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

The ASOS petite section is great, and Topshop and Miss Selfridge have decent petite sections in which they have some stuff the same as the regular sized stuff. Most childrens/teens sections should cater to your needs as well.

posted about 5 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION