Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
TAGS:  birthdaycasualdressdressesfashionformalheelshi-lowstylewhite
littlemissdressy
New_user littlemissdressy is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When littlemissdressy reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
littlemissdr...

Hello,

I bought a dress similar to this: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/186406872048916149/ except it's about knee length with spaghetti straps and has a mint "belt/sash" on it.

I was wondering if I could wear it with black heels like these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dior-Caged-Black-Leather-Booties-US-37-/271400164714?pt=US_Women_s_Shoes&hash=item3f30b5dd6a without it looking awkward (it's for my 19th birthday),
I was also looking for ways to wear the dress in more casual ways?

posted 8 months ago
Aparajita
Style_council
Aparajita

Black shoes will be too heavy for a pastel dress. I suggest opting for nude/white/metallic sandals instead.

For casual wear, you could throw an oversized sweater over your dress and pair with ankle boots/sandals :)

posted 8 months ago

Aparajita
Style_council
Aparajita

Black shoes will be too heavy for a pastel dress. I suggest opting for nude/white/metallic sandals instead.

For casual wear, you could throw an oversized sweater over your dress and pair with ankle boots/sandals :)

posted 8 months ago

lizolsen2011
Style_council
lizolsen2011

I would stay away from black shoes with this dress. I would go for a nude heel. To dress it down once it is warm again i would throw on a cardigan and wear some nice sandals with it.

posted 8 months ago

WinknPout
Style_council
WinknPout

Black will not be the best option for shoes here, and the style of the shoes is not so flattering with the dress either. pastel, nude or even certain bright colors ( think tangerine) pumps or pointed flats or wedges can look good with this dress.

Casully apart from the oversized sweater and cardigan suggested above, you can also throw a cropeed tee over it.

posted 8 months ago

littlemissdressy
New_user littlemissdressy is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When littlemissdressy reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
littlemissdr...

I forgot to mention that my style is more edgy/rock and that I will be wearing the black pearl type bracelets my boyfriend bought me, I'm not sure if that makes a difference. 

posted 8 months ago

avivranthing
Style_council
avivranthing

In addition to the suggestions already mentioned, a leopard print heel would be a fun option! To find a right shoe style to go with the dress, check out the gallery of high-low dresses on Chictopia and see how others wear so you can get a feel for what style you like/don't like! A distressed denim jacket and sandals or flats would dress it down in an instant for everyday wear :)

posted 8 months ago

AnikaBurke
Shop_seller_2 AnikaBurke is a Chictopia seller who has been hand-picked by our editors to sell merchandise on our website.

Chictopia sellers carry fashion forward products and ensure great customer experience. Click here if you are interested in selling your merchandise on Chictopia.
AnikaBurke

I would avoid wearing black shoes with this pastel color pallet. Have you thought of trying either nude or gold with your dress? If you are really, really wanting to wear the shoes maybe ditch the sash and add a funky black belt.

As for a casual look leggings, riding boots and a denim jacket are great way to dress down a high-low.

XO,
Neeka

posted 8 months ago

belle_Lachic
Style_council
belle_Lachic

Agree-ing with AnikaBurke,

The shoes are to harsh for such a flirty old, dress. Try shoes that have mpre dilicate straps like stilleto and lighter colour like gold, nude, white, grey...

posted 7 months ago

TaraNaTashaDA
New_user TaraNaTashaDA is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When TaraNaTashaDA reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
TaraNaTashaDA

Please don't do that.  Those shoes look best with a more "substantial" look.  That dress has to remain soft.  Try gold strappy heels.

posted 7 months ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION