SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
SageAguirre
Style_council
SageAguirre

My prom dress is light blue with a yellow ribbon attached around the waist,,
It’s not “ME” but unfortunately I have to put up with it since I don’t have any money to buy a prom dress…. its borrowed.

so I’m having problems with it..

CARDIGAN or Boyfriend Blazer?
it’s backless and backless isn’t appropriate in my school… so I should wear something above it..
and what color? Yellow?

PLUS

what type of shoesss should I wear?
No one will see the shoes since the dress is long… but still I want to complete the look…

SO… what is your say?
Yellow cardi + Yellow pumps?

a yellow blazer is waaay hard to find here..
and I can’t order online..

or do you have anything else in mind…?

posted over 4 years ago
MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

I think the blazer would look more formal than a cardigan, a little more appropriate for a big dress-up event. But a lot of it depends on the style of the dress and the look you’re going for. (Personally, I was really formal about prom and used a big drape-y wrap rather than a jacket to cover up my shoulders— but that was also more about keeping warm than school rules, and I don’t know if a wrap would fly under your school’s dress code). I think a short, bolero-esque cardigan could look fairly formal, too— as opposed to the long, loose kind that is trendy now to wear with skinny jeans, etc.

I don’t think you necessarily need to go with yellow. It could be hard to match the yellow of the ribbon (and, yes, good luck finding a yellow blazer! >.<)— and if they don’t match, two yellows are likely to clash. My instinct would be a neutral: white, black, maybe silver? It depends on the particular tones in the colors of the dress, and what looks good on you. If you do do a yellow jacket, I wouldn’t do yellow pumps— once again, difficult to match, and if you have three things matching (jacket, ribbon, AND shoes) I think it gets to be too much. Again, I think neutrals are your friends here.

It’s hard since I can’t see the specific tones of your dress, but if you go with colorful shoes or jacket make sure to test out whether they compliment the entire ensemble, and the entire ensemble on you. Maybe going with neutrals seems like an unadventurous cop-out, but if the dress itself has plenty of color interest there’s no need to go overboard.

posted over 4 years ago

plastikneon
Style_icon
plastikneon

I would go with the blazer! Don’t worry about being matchy-matchy…you could even wear a blazer in a nuetral, perhaps a light gray, or even a navy blue.

Don’t worry too much about this, while the prom outfit always seems like the most fundamental factor it’s certainty not…just have a great time!

posted over 4 years ago

Crisss
Style_council
Crisss

you can put both of them….whatever you like. and it can be blue or black and the shoes the same

posted about 2 years ago

ninafouche
Style_council
ninafouche

if you want to go for a more sophisticated, grown-up look, definitely go for the blazer. but a cardigan is still sweet and sassy. depends on your personality, I think.

posted about 2 years ago

Smash86
Style_council
Smash86

I think you could try a few options. Wearing a nice jean jacket with the dress will make it stand out alot :) Or you could adourn a shawl. Cardigans are also really pretty…It’s all up to your style.

posted about 2 years ago

debiparna_c
Style_council
debiparna_c

this was posted 2 years ago people..don’t bump up old posts.

posted about 2 years ago

KeilaFromPR
Style_council
KeilaFromPR

blazer

posted about 2 years ago

nazlay
Style_council
nazlay

Blazer !

posted almost 2 years ago

juleenforbes