Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Lollidella
Style_council
Lollidella

I’m the type of person who becomes obsessed with something after the slightest little nothing. I’ve known about the existence of oxfords for some time now (with a mental note to possibly try them out at some point), but I saw someone wearing the perfect pair on television and now I want some to the point of ridiculousness. DILEMMA: I was looking up some on a site, and a review said they’d look bad on anyone with hips. What’s your opinion on this? I don’t have huge hips, but certain unfortunate choices in clothing can make them “grow” like crazy haha. I try to avoid looking bottom-heavy. Do you think shoes like this are bad for this body type?

ALSO, would you say these are a no-no for summer? I mean, I probably wouldn’t wear them in the heat of the day (based on the fact that I would die), but maybe at night?

posted over 4 years ago
pandaphilia
Style_council
pandaphilia

pfft. who said that? i believe the fashion gods say that if you can pull off something, nobody’s stopping you from wearing it

try them. oxfords always look great with pants for a boyish look. try loose dress pants or khakis

posted over 4 years ago

kayl
Style_council
kayl

Mmh, i’m the same. So obsessed with a whole bunch of stuff just cause they look cute. Anyway, I say, get them! Try it out, be confident, you’ll look great! I don’t think they are a no-no for summer at all! :D

posted over 4 years ago

PhilosoFashion
Style_council
PhilosoFashion

well I also have wider hips and I love oxfords but my sister always tells me I should always wear heels (because otherwise my hips look huge)… well the thing is I don’t like medium high heels so I always run around in killer heels that really destroy my feet (to be honest)
So my boyfriend asked me why I always wear those awfully high heeled shoes if they hurt me so much so I told him and he laughed… he said that it was utter nonsense, that I look cute in sneakers.. so I figured.. if i look cute in sneakers, I’ll look cute in oxfords and if I don’t at least I won’t be in pain anymore… so now I’m looking for the right pair of oxfords

posted over 4 years ago

irisanddaniel
Style_icon
irisanddaniel

To an extent, I think this is true, because oxfords look small, and are a kind of shoe that make the bottom portion of your body do this: \/

It’s just the truth of the shoe, and the proportions, although I think they can work depending on styling. I wouldn’t say no to them completely just because they don’t always work with the body type you have if you like them that much. Just find ways to wear them and make sure that it balances your body out.

posted over 4 years ago

Sarabear
Style_council
Sarabear

hmm i think you should try them on for yourself, and decide if you like them, and if you are not sure still, ask friends

posted over 4 years ago

Lollidella
Style_council
Lollidella

Thanks everyone for your replies! I definitely want to try some on but I live in an unfashionable place so it might be a while before something turns up. Hopefully I can find some by fall and see how they work! I might look for some with a bit of a heel to see if that changes the way things look.

posted over 4 years ago

anonymours
Style_council
anonymours

Oxfords look really fun to wear. I am looking for the tuxedo looking ones haha :)

posted over 4 years ago

inthenameoffashion
Style_council
inthenameoff...

Oxfords may make your feet look larger or wider. Not your hips.

posted over 4 years ago

Jazza
Style_council
Jazza

When I save up enough money, I soooo wanna get some :/

posted over 4 years ago

blonderfulcurls
Style_council
blonderfulcurls

I have a gold pair that i got at Spring and I love them!!!! Mine were $40.00 but I got mine onSALE for $14.00:) There great, I <3 them for summer

posted over 4 years ago

maliamazing
Style_council
maliamazing

get them! i still haven’t got a pair but i want one so badly!!

posted over 4 years ago

anothercaroline
Style_council
anothercaroline

Oxfords! They’ve got nothing to do with the size of your hips. And I’d totally wear them in summer, with shorts and a tank with some detailing.

posted over 4 years ago

WiesOudshoorn
Style_council
WiesOudshoorn

i have hips and i get compliments when i wear them.. you will too! go for it!

posted over 4 years ago

piggy
Style_council
piggy

i think if you feel too self-conscious about oxfords…get ones with heels , heels make every body shape look good :D

posted over 4 years ago

katharles
Style_council
katharles

I don’t think hips are a problem at all! I think it’s the length of your legs that might be an issue. Since they cut off at the ankle, or close to the ankle, it’ll make your legs look shorter. Similar to how gladiators with ankle straps make your legs look shorter. So if you are short, I would avoid oxfords.
I made this mistake! I am 5 feet, and don’t exactly have legs that go on for miles. I bought flat oxfords and took them back immediamente. I also bought heeled oxfords, kept them, but now regret it because they look ridiculous if I wear them with anything but skinny jeans!

posted over 4 years ago

Bennie52491
Style_council
Bennie52491

I think whether you choose to buy oxfords should be based on how you like or dislike them on you.

posted over 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION