Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
oliviadeathstain
Style_council
oliviadeaths...

I have never been the most fashionable person, and I am always changing what I think is right for my personal style. I am attending FIDM and I just feel like my outfits aren’t fashion forward or good enough.

For example today I saw this girl at with a beautiful floral high low style dress, and another girl with red jeans and a cute fur vest. I am wearing at the time shorts with tights and a band tee. I don’t feel fashioable at all.

Any Ideas that would make my outfits more cuter, and fashion forward so I don’t feel like an outsider??? I’m pretty sure my outfit choice are the reason I have so little friends at school and its my second term!

posted almost 3 years ago
H07xox
Style_council
H07xox

aww don’t say that I bet people would love you just for your great personality! but to answer your question just like the other person said, browse chictopia, blogs, etc. to get ideas for outfits before going shopping and try it on at stores to see if it suits you! good luck!

frills4thrills
Style_council
frills4thrills

If you want a new way to wear a piece you already have, like a striped tee for instance, just google “striped tee street style” and then browse through the images. There is so much inspiration out there! I use it all the time!

MizQT
New_user MizQT is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When MizQT reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
MizQT

I would say start with the basics and work your way from there, no one can go wrong with a really great fitted pair of jeans, white vest cute ballerina flats and some chunky jewellry.

Try on different styles of clothing,, mix and match modern and vintage. It’s good that you noticed the people around you and their fashion choices, use it as inspiration.

If you out shopping remember to invest more in pieces that will last a long time and spend less on trend pieces that will be out next season.

Fashion is an outward expression of your inward style, there is no right or wrong ways to do anything, as long as what you wear is tasteful for the occasion and leaves you feeling comfortable and confident then you are good to go.

urbanbohemianluv
Style_council
urbanbohemia...

Always stay true to your real style! It doesn’t matter what everyone else is wearing, all that matters is that you feel confident and know that you look good in whatever your wearing because the best accessory that you can have is your confidence and personality!!

And you can always add jewelry, or try on that shirt at the store that you think is too bold for you to wear and then see it on you and realize and be surprised that you could totally rock it!

Also, don’t be afraid to try things a little out of your comfort zone. If you think a dress/blouse/shirt is too ‘fancy’ or you don’t feel comfortable wearing it. Try making seem more casual by throwing a denim shirt/jacket over it. Little things like that go a long way!

oliviadeathstain
Style_council
oliviadeaths...

Thanks for all your suggestions.

thatsstellar
Style_council
thatsstellar

If you’re a shorts and t-shirt style kind of girl, then all you have to do is up it a notch. Try fun vintage denim, dyed, or distressed shorts. Maybe add vests to your outfits or edgy jackets. Jewelry and accessories for sure!

Countnumber7
Style_council
Countnumber7

Well you can’t go wrong with a nice part of little heels or personally I love converse and the jeans with a sweater or a band t-shirt with the sleeves rolled up with light make up and maybe a bold lip and you could part a blazer or leather jacket with it or even a cardigan. Just wear nice things that you are confutable in and rock it

TanMeringue
Style_council
TanMeringue

Band t-shirts are really cool. And can be fashionable. Of course jeans go with them, but you could try skirts. And layering a vest, adenim shirt/jacket, an anorak or a leather jacket over the shirts could turn out really cool.

Click Here! for a cool youtube channel that might match your shirt & jeans style! They wear band tees as well.

REPLY TO DISCUSSION