Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

I have a lot of relatively high-waisted (like http://images.urbanoutfitters.com/is/image/UrbanOutfitters/17374869_050_b) skirts that I pair with loose shirts/blouses, but I have no idea what sort of jacket would complement the look.

I don’t want to wear anything too thin like a cardigan. I feel like they’d look awkward with a cropped jacket because they’re not that high-waisted. I have a long menswear inspired blazer but that doesn’t really look right either. I would love any suggestions!

posted over 4 years ago
BlaqkTongue
Style_council
BlaqkTongue

Blazers definitely go great with anything. Try to look for a more fitted one. Maybe a denim or leather jacket?

posted over 4 years ago

MsBrightside101
Style_council
MsBrightside101

yeah, i think a leather jacket would look cool. maybe a long trench? for cold days :)

posted over 4 years ago

tabdogs
Style_council
tabdogs

A blazer that buttons right where you high waisted skirt meets the shirt.
A long cornered cardigan with a belt.
Basically the length of any other type of COAT needs to be below your hip hight… It doesn’t need to match the length of the skirt, it can be longer or shorter, just you dont want it to cut you off at the widest part (your hips) and then your skirt…. its just gotta be somewhere in the skirt hem RANGE!

posted over 4 years ago

millisilly
Style_council
millisilly

I think that if you really want to stand out try a huge furry coat. Blazers are a great option, and I do love the leather jacket idea. But if you like the furry coat, then you should try thrift stores. Every one I’ve ever gone to has had some sort of a coat and if it doesn’t fit you right, try taking it to a tailor. They usually do things like that for really cheap.

posted over 4 years ago

MeowQuack
Style_council
MeowQuack

I love the huge-furry-coat-with-delicate-blouse-and-skirt look, but that would probably get some attention (good or bad).
I agree with the leather jacket statement and I personally love trench coats!

posted over 4 years ago

Speedbump
Style_icon
Speedbump

An unbuttoned blazer would look great (especially one that’s a bit longer/looser). I really like thicker slouchy cardigans with that kind of a look. Coats are also fine. Really, I think most outerwear will look great with a high-waisted skirt as long as it is longer than where the skirt waist is. Just be confident!

posted over 4 years ago

Kristen_Bee
Style_council
Kristen_Bee

Find some kind of blazer. One that isnt longer that the skirt, if the jacket or blazer is longer than the skirt then the balance of it all will be off. So be sure to just wear a button up jacket with maybe broad shoulders. something like that

posted over 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION