Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
nothing2wear
Style_council
nothing2wear

Ugh I am so sick of wearing the same stuff to work! Anybody have any ideas on how to mix up a wardrobe? I have alot of jcrew skirts and blouses and banana rep. dresses and I have good style I am just sick of wearing the same combos and am ready for something new…however…im broke.

posted almost 6 years ago
planetalf
Style_council
planetalf

accessorize? i have the same dilemma…mix and match colors you normally wouldn’t. Vests, scarves, jewelry all can make your outfit seem different than how you wore it before…and experiment with different shoes.

cristinaraposa
Style_council
cristinaraposa

play dressup. put together clothes that you wouldnt normally combine and who knows it might just work.

I suggest opening up your closet try your clothes then mix it up and you might just find a winner.

Yeah, accessorize. Play with colors. or maybe you can also try different hairstyles. just a suggestion.

nothing2wear
Style_council
nothing2wear

Where could I find some cool accessories? That is a good idea.

cristinaraposa
Style_council
cristinaraposa

flea markets never fail to have some great fab finds and affordable of course!

bellechic27
Style_council
bellechic27

I love the hunt for new accessories…you never know where you will find them! I tend to be a little fickle with my tastes so I opt for stores like:
forever 21, ebay, small boutiques — two of my favorites are: jbandme.com and shopkitson.com (I love House of Harlow jewelry). I also have found some great pieces in my grandma’s jewelry box…never fails! Good luck

eastcoast
Style_council
eastcoast

Wear things as you wouldn’t normally wear them. When I started my current job I was in between moving and I had about 8 pieces of clothing that were decent for the job so I had to get creative. For a month! Maybe you could ask a friend to come over and put together some outfits as she would do for herself—new perspective.

REPLY TO DISCUSSION