Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
starrysatellite
Style_council
starrysatellite

I live in a rather small town, and no one my age (20) really wears high heals. For the most part everyone here shops at abercrombie and fitch and tans profusely. So I would just look ridiculous walking down the street in a black floor length maxi skirt paired with my leopard wedges.

So what to do? I don’t like being the center of attention, but my style is just so different from the majority of girls in my town. I feel almost stifled, always stuck in shorts and t shirts!

posted about 3 years ago
tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

just wear what you want :) I’m sure you turn heads for the right reasons. but if you want to tone down your look, get rid of the heels—heels make everything look more effortful. or leave out a few accessories.

posted about 3 years ago

_ReD_LiPsTiCk_
Style_council
_ReD_LiPsTiCk_

I think you should just go for it and stand out of the crowd

posted about 3 years ago

kass858
Style_council
kass858

As the other girls said go for it. I am tall and when i was your age I did not wear heels bc I got too many comments or too much attention. I regret it now. Enjoy your youth and express your style! Good Luck!

posted about 3 years ago

IHeartStilettos
Style_council
IHeartStilettos

Don’t let the fashion cookie-cutter syndrome get to you! Wear what you want.

posted about 3 years ago

trinnah
Style_council
trinnah

As everybody said, wear what you want.

But I do understand where you’re coming from.

I can totally relate.

My town is obsessed with Hollister & Abercrombie t-shirts and jeans / denim cut offs w/ gladiator sandals. You hardly see anybody wear heels, and when they do, people stare at them and talk about them like they’re the ones doing something wrong.

It’s unnerving.

But like everybody said, just wear what you want to wear. There are a select few around you who I’m sure will praise you for having the guts to go against the grain. Who knows, they might just be inspired to bust out of their shell and wear heels, too! :)

posted about 3 years ago

camilamilan
New_user camilamilan is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When camilamilan reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
camilamilan

life is too short to hold back, we could be dead tomrw.

do your thing girl :)

posted about 3 years ago

EdiraPutri
Style_council
EdiraPutri

hey, you can be a trendsetter!
If you do it right, who knows they will follow you one day =)
just don’t give it up, okay?
just wear what you like to wear with confidence, they’ll be mesmerized!

posted about 3 years ago

venusys
Style_council
venusys

You shouldn’t give up what you like just because how other think of it. You should just go ahead and express yourself as the others had said :D

posted about 3 years ago

OmniDimensional
Style_council
OmniDimensional

Everyone already said it. Be who you are! So what if you get attention for the way you dress at least it would be because your different and not because you are wearing the same A&F shirt that someone else is wearing. I find that most mainstream obsessed people have a stupid opinion about people who are fashionable so who cares what they say, go on and wear those leopard wedges!

posted about 3 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION