Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
ladyj88
Style_council
ladyj88

This year I’m going to a bigger city with bf and a couple who we are friends with.
problem: I LOVE SPARKLE and i love to stand out!!! The girl coming with us manages an american eagle, so her style is like an ad from there. she’s not the type to dress up just because its NYE. so if i wore what i wanted i’d look WAYY overdressed.
I’m thinking about ordering this shirt from UO (even though its mens) and dressing it up. I’ve got muscular legs but also booty. i thought about sequin or velvet leggings plus a statement necklace, nude pumps and leather jacket. i dunno what color would look best, or if i’d even like it together…suggestions?? and even if you don’t have a suggestion for me i’d like to know body types & what your wearing…it might give me ideas!!!
_____________________________________________________________________________________

thanks to everyone who has responded so far!!! you’ve been a great help and inspiration!!!

now i have another issue-im still wanting the shirt but i found a midnight blue sequin halter dress. omg. its SOOO pretty but i have a 36DDD chest. i LOATHE strapless bra’s, so can i wear the shirt over it without being obvious or is there another way to wear a halter without being uncomfortable? i have minimizers/sports bras that would flatten me out but i still wouldn’t be able to wear the dress by itself…i don’t think…?? i don’t know HELP!!!

posted over 2 years ago
perluxlucis
Style_council
perluxlucis

I really like your idea and really love that shirt, but I also recommend really wearing what you want! Feel great going into the New Year and be you! I, for one… Know that I am gonna be more gussied up than most of my friends because I am a little eccentric like that. And I really don’t mind. There will be others dressed up if you’re going to a social event so I wouldn’t worry about feeling overly dressed!

posted over 2 years ago

kelseykelsey
Style_council
kelseykelsey

that shirt is bomb, go for it yo!

posted over 2 years ago

PeachyPanda
Style_council
PeachyPanda

The new year is a time to celebrate. When will you have the opportunity to go all out? This girl has her style but you have your own so you should wear what you want to wear

posted over 2 years ago

ladyj88
Style_council
ladyj88

Thanks you guys for the advice!! I found out she felt the same as me and wanted to dress up. I was so surprised! She wants me to go shopping with her bf cuz he has no dressy clothes, only what u might find at AE. So it turns out the way I always dress made them want to change the way they dress, how cool is that?

posted over 2 years ago

cynchmolina
Style_council
cynchmolina

Oh I love that shirt you’re planning to get! It would be really cute with a pair of sequinned shorts, tights and a pair of chunky boots. :) Don’t fear dressing the way you want to, as long as you feel like you’re not offending anyone by your outfit. I actually quite like your style!

posted over 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION