SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
pinkFT
Style_council
pinkFT

Hi everyone!

I’m thinking about changing my wardrobe since I started working at a production company and I’m surrounded by artists, actors, tv stars, etc.

I want to look trendy yet feminine and I want my clothes to be comfortable because we can work for hours at the set.

It is hard to find stuff that suits not only my body but my budget… I need some tips on what my basic wardrobe pieces should be and maybe a list of some stores that have afordable prices like Zara.

Help? xD

posted over 4 years ago
ST1NA
Style_council
ST1NA

I personally love Club Monaco, some pieces may be expensive but they do have wonderful sales. You also may have already thought of this but H&M does have some very nice pieces, sometimes it’s dificult for something to stand out there but the things I have gotten from that store are so versatile and I wear them with everything. I don’t know what is appropriate to wear where you work but if you’re allowed to dress a little boldy, I love the brand free people.

posted over 4 years ago

GlammcouturE
Style_council
GlammcouturE

Basic wardrobe pieces for me are:

Pair of wide-leg trousers
Button down white top (like an oxford)
a black T & a white T (that you can wear with anything)
A blazer
A classic trench
Pencil skirt
good pair of black heels
pair of skinny jeans
pair of neutral-colored boots
LBD!

in addition to that, get some items that are trendy, since you will be working in that kind of environment, such as:
lace top
leggings
nautical-inspired items
cute mini
pair of harem pants
more colorful garments/shoes

You’ll also need some accessories!

Just some suggestions! Try on new stuff and see what you like! And if you don’t absolutely LOVE it, don’t buy it! :)

Hope this helps! :D

posted over 4 years ago

prefecta
Style_council
prefecta

I posted some basics (12 pieces & 6 examples) in my blog yesterday, maybe you find some inspiration from it.
anotherfabday.blogspot.com
Sorry I can’t help you with shopping tips since I’m from Finland…

posted over 4 years ago

pinkFT
Style_council
pinkFT

THANK YOU ALL!! :D

ST1NA: I MUST go to H&M soon.. people are buying some pretty cool stuff over there and the prices are good!!

GlammcouturE: THANK YOU!! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!! for that wonderful list :D

prefecta: I’m checking your blog today :D

posted over 4 years ago

millisilly
Style_council
millisilly

H&M, forever 21, american eagle, steve madden, urban outfitters, even target has sophisticated clothing! mostly, the challenge of fashion with a budget is finding those “rare finds” in places where everyone goes. I love when I buy a jumper or a dress from forever 21 and people come up to me and say, “Where did you get that?” and they don’t believe it came from there. Just look hard and you’ll be sure to find something to make you stand out!

posted over 4 years ago

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

Here’s what I’d recommend: start with the basics, as everyone else said. Get pieces you can (and will!) wear with everything. Some people really prefer getting basics that will last, but I’m all about going to Target and H&M and picking out stuff I like.

Then slowly add trendier items, from Forever 21, H&M, etc. You could also shop at thrift and vintage shops to put a spin on something that might otherwise look a little boring – I always wear antique jewelry!

posted over 4 years ago

pinkFT
Style_council
pinkFT

I’ll try to find some thrift stores in madrid. Everyone tells me I should do that lol
H&M & Zara are definitely my next stop!

I’m so excited.. :D :D :D

posted over 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION